I have had this problem in the past when having my USB-cable connected to the docking-station of my laptop or a USB hub.
When I undock my laptop and connect the cable directly to my computer I have had no problems.
I get the following message "Nokia Software Updater has attempted to connect to the internet but has failed three times. This could be because of a poor-quality, slow, or intermittent internet connection, or restrictions due to a firewall If requested by your firewall, Nokia Software Updater needs the following applications to gain access to the internet: nsl_host_process.exe nsu_ui_client.exe" I have a good internet connection. I have disable my Firewall! What else could be wrong? Please I need urgent Help!!!
And also I can't open my internetradio....
A few comments:
1. I can no longer access the 300.x firmware as other have identified
2. Nokia is holding this up (at least for NAM) due to a) technical issues with the E71-2 model or (more likely) b) because ATT doesn't want them to make it available (E71x). I have the unlocked E71 and so hope b) is not the case.
3. Yes the firmware update process can be annoying
4. The iphone is far from perfect as are all andoid phones. I have not read anything about android updates but certainly iphone users had to wait a long time to even get cut and paste not to mention that the iphone cannot truly multi-task.
5. I, for one, love this phone and as my phone works just fine without 300.x, I will wait. Don't worry Nokia, we still love you :-)
I wonder it the ATT e71x has anything to do with it. Since they can send the update to specific product codes I don't think the E71x would be an issue at all if Nokia chooses not to deal with it at this time.
I wonder why the NAM version is having more problems than the other models in the world.
Having the same problem and reporting from Bogotá, Colombia. Tried almost everything (different computers, factory-resetting my E71, among others).
Let's wait until the next version of Nokia Software Updater or a fix in the firmware-download process arrives!
Probably yes since yours is a e-71-1 RM 346. There does not seem to be any trouble with the RM 346 phones only the RM 357 phones.
05-08-2009 0:19 - last edited on 19-11-2009 2:56 by alphaman
This yucks. We need the new f/w! I hope the new firmware will fix the installation error and the unlock problem.
07-11-2009 0:25 - last edited on 19-11-2009 2:57 by alphaman
STILL NO FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR E71 NAM (product code 0569371).
I have 2 e-71, an old one that I bought from Nokia when it first came out and a newer one that I bought from amazon recently. they both had the 059673 product number which I changed to the 059585 product number. The newer one does not have the blue tint while the older one from Nokia still has the blue tint even with the 300 fw.
I guess the first batch had the camera problem. The newer ones seem to be ok except now they have the blue tooth problem with my jawbone prime. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.