Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 Firmware Update Challange (to 300x)

Advisor

I have had this problem in the past when having my USB-cable connected to the docking-station of my laptop or a USB hub.

When I undock my laptop and connect the cable directly to my computer I have had no problems.

FYI

BR.

E71 usr
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I get the following message "Nokia Software Updater has attempted to connect to the internet but has failed three times. This could be because of a poor-quality, slow, or intermittent internet connection, or restrictions due to a firewall If requested by your firewall, Nokia Software Updater needs the following applications to gain access to the internet: nsl_host_process.exe nsu_ui_client.exe" I have a good internet connection. I have disable my Firewall! What else could be wrong? Please I need urgent Help!!!

And also I can't open my internetradio....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

A few comments:

1. I can no longer access the 300.x firmware as other have identified

2. Nokia is holding this up (at least for NAM) due to a) technical issues with the E71-2 model or (more likely) b) because ATT doesn't want them to make it available (E71x). I have the unlocked E71 and so hope b) is not the case.

3. Yes the firmware update process can be annoying

4. The iphone is far from perfect as are all andoid phones. I have not read anything about android updates but certainly iphone users had to wait a long time to even get cut and paste not to mention that the iphone cannot truly multi-task.

5. I, for one, love this phone and as my phone works just fine without 300.x, I will wait. Don't worry Nokia, we still love you :-)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I wonder it the ATT e71x has anything to do with it.  Since they can send the update to specific product codes I don't think the E71x would be an issue at all if Nokia chooses not to deal with it at this time.

I wonder why the NAM version is having more problems than the other models in the world.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Having the same problem and reporting from Bogotá, Colombia.  Tried almost everything (different computers, factory-resetting my E71, among others).

Let's wait until the next version of Nokia Software Updater or a fix in the firmware-download process arrives!

CARLOS. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hey guys, check this thread: NSU SERVER ERROR

There's an error on the server side.

Everybody loves Papy_Cartana

E71-2 NAM VERSION
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I don't think that is the error.  I load the Brazilian version of 300. and did not have  problem even though the Brasilian firmware has the 346 files too.  Of course now my keyboard is a little goofy because I don't have the ?/! or the "/& symbols anymore.  How do I change the keyboard to US version.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

can i update my Firmware to a newer version?!?! my phone is

RM-346

E71-1 (241.02)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ubiez,

Probably yes since yours is a e-71-1 RM 346. There does not seem to be any trouble with the RM 346 phones only the RM 357 phones.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The brazillian files are ok, in my screenshot you can see the "variant" CTR BRAZIL GREY STEEL, these files are ok, the problems are with LTA GREY STEEL variant (vanilla)... that's why you're not experiencing the same problem.
Everybody loves Papy_Cartana

E71-2 NAM VERSION
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Papy,

You're right.  I tried it again too last night and got the same result.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This yucks. We need the new f/w! I hope the new firmware will fix the installation error and the unlock problem.

Message Edited by alphaman on 19-Nov-2009 02:56 AM
Please use plain text.

Hello everybody from Russia =)

i wanna tell u, my story with 300x firmware for nokia e71 =)

One day i connect my device to pc and idea to update firmware came to me =)

i start NSU application, nsu find my phone and find NEW FIRMWARE (300x), it was great, because before this i have 100x firmware. it really was great.... great mistake =)))

after update i see amazing sh*t. my keyboard work incorrectly : when i press russian letter "Э" , display show me another letter (symbol like EURO) and have problem with 5 letters..... it's really bad, because i cannot send sms with incorrect spelling .
nokia e71 it's my eleventh nokia smartphone and i have some unique setting which can optimize for ex.: i turn off dualband and select just GSM ( 3g network is not realized on Moscow), but i can do that my device restarted. i try again and again, but everything without success.

this is the list of problem after update:

1. Keyboard
2. Network module (gsm ; 3g)
3. My device can restart without any reason
4. when i have incoming call ,device hangs

and many problems =))

i have just one question : WHEN NOKIA REALIZED NEW FIRMWARE with error correction ? or firmware which can kill my device?))

sorry for my English.

have a good day

Please use plain text.

hi

i get the same problem how did you fix please toll my

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just tried NSU and it looks like they finally fixed it for E71 Nam using the  059585 product code.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

STILL NO FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR E71 NAM (product code 0569371).

Message Edited by alphaman on 19-Nov-2009 02:57 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

So, still no luck with russian firmware? And no official comments from nokia team?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i just upgraded my e71 (059585) to the 300 firmware this week.  i notice no changes other than the new links to facebook and youtube.  camera still seems to have purple tint in anything but full daylight.  not worth the trouble as best i can tell so far. 
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have 2 e-71, an old one that I bought from Nokia when it first came out and a newer one that I bought from amazon recently. they both had the 059673 product number which I changed to the 059585 product number. The newer one does not have the blue tint while the older one from Nokia still has the blue tint even with the 300 fw.

I guess the first batch had the camera problem.  The newer ones seem to be ok except now they have the blue tooth problem with my jawbone prime.  It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,  I have the same product code with Aaronlws and got firware updated earlier this week.. I guess because of the time element, I was able to upgrade from 200 to 300 by just downloading the NSU and running that instead of the pcsuite... no trouble with the upgrade... except for the installing of apps again... I just don;t know what improved on my phone...
-> 3210 -> 8210 -> 8350 -> 6600 -> n80ie -> e71
Please use plain text.