Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71: New Firmware is out on NSU (V200.21.118)

Sage
freebird123

E71: New Firmware is out on NSU (V200.21.118)

[ Edited ]
At least for my phone here in Europe (E71-1 (33) / RM-346 / Product Code: 0558786).

FreeBird

Message Edited by linwood on 12-Jan-2009 04:53 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Also available for the UK Steel Grey:

Just backing it up now for a update!

Shunts...
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fonant

Installed OK on my E71 black.

But watch out for Content Copier refusing to restore your Contacts, Calendar, etc. if your phone hung at the end of the backup. If this happens, untick "Settings" in the list of things to back up.

I'd strongly recommend checking with Content Copier that the latest backup is able to restore all the user data you need.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fonant

Does anyone know of a Change Log for the updates from 110 to 200?

It's a big version change, so perhaps there are a lot of improvements?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This is getting beyond ridiculous.
E71-2 with PCode 0569371 does not have v110 available and the others get a v200.
It's about time the thing (which is a great piece of HW) hits the bay. :-(
Please use plain text.

Not out yet for my UK E71-1 0568325
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&thread.id=43934

read this only some product codes get the update, sorry esp. for NAM i know it sux.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=26

The reason why you can't update is probably because you obtained your phone through your network provider, if this is the case then it will be them you need to speak to, to try and get them to authorise the update to their branded version.

Shunts...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

I made a mistake with my earlier post:
My E71 is Product Code: 0560654

I have updated with this code.

The one earlier is for my N95 :smileymad:

Sorry

Shunts...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

and for Telcel Mexico when?????? 0 updates since the buying.... For God's Sake!
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Updated mine today and have had no issues so far.. have noticed a much smoother menu and faster load time.. I haven't had chance to push the device to its limits yet tho but looking good from what I have seen
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

When using Mail for Exchange, the battery seems to be lasting much longer.

With this latest version.

If your phone does not have any updates for it then its more than likely that it is branded by your network operator.

This Pool of Knowledge article may help.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=26

Shunts...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

Can you use the Mail for Exchange? Well, I can use the email part if it, but I can no longer sync my contacts... :-(

Rgs,

Friskis
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

I actually installed from Nokia for Business the "new version" of Mail for Exchange. It was supposed to be 2.7, but it was actually 2.07 (00) and the one that came from firmware was 2.07 (22).

Anyhow, this worked fine, and now I have my contacts.

Might be that I ignored one installation, when there was a my nokia screen that I wanted to decline. One hint to Nokia. It might be a good idea to display on the installation screens, what software is actually being installed. THis would help, when the user does not start the installation him/herself.

Rgs,

Friskis
Please use plain text.

Since the upgrade, I have now experienced two incidents where the phone freezes if you leave an application open (first time with Calculator, 2nd time with Calender). Power button does not work and I can't unlock the phone. I have to remove the battery to restart it.

A possibly related problem is as follows:

Since the new requirement to use "Unlock" followed by the "Function key" before you can enter your unlock code, I find that I can respond to program input requirements after pressing the "Unlock key". For example - an application requires a YES or NO reply while the phone is locked - I push the "Unlock" button and then the "Yes" button, and the application responds to this. The phone then goes back to the locked state.

Anyone else seen anything similar?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I would like to upgrade to the new firmware but you guys have me scared now, what is the unlock code? Should i try it or wait, this is my only business phone. E-71 Steel Grey, just bought it, how do i find out what version I have?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
I have install the new firmware. The phone freeze at least 8-10 times per week. All the time when I receive call, I cant answer, no action to any of the key or even at the power key. After pressing for 15-20 seconds on power, its gone off. No other programs running at that time!!!!
Message Edited by nicolaerugina on 07-Feb-2009 07:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Did you also notice that after upgrading to the latest firmware, the contact screen background is white (or another solid color depending on the theme) now and not the background images as used in the theme ?

Franc.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sounds like I'd better wait, the upgrade on the Nokia PC suite software is the old firmware version 1.07.76 or something like that, no version 2 thats for sure, where is the version you guys are loading coming from?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Yeas, the contact screen it is white, u can't change even if u change the theme!!! But it is not an incovenient for me. other things I fell it is WI-FI connection. Come to be more slow than before!!!!

Ettilah,

U need to download the Nokia Software Updater  http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_en.exe

This software will check if for your phone model it is update!

Message Edited by nicolaerugina on 08-Feb-2009 06:26 AM
Message Edited by nicolaerugina on 08-Feb-2009 06:29 AM
Please use plain text.