Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 Software Update

Registered Member
ESeries_User
Accepted Solution

E71 Software Update

Hi,

Please if any one can help me regarding this:

Last night I update Nokia E71 Software version as I read on website new update is available but after updating and checking via *#0000# the details are:

300.21.012  18-06-2009 RM-346 Nokia E71-1(241.04)

but on the Nokia website

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/news

the latest software release is 410.21.010

Whats that and why is not my phone updating to this version?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: E71 Software Update

This just means that V410 is not yet available for your product code. The current version is V410. You are quite a bit behind which would suggest to me that your phone could be network branded.

The firmware for network branded handsets have to be modified and approved by the network first, before it can be released by Nokia, causing delays. Sometimes some networks don't bother at all. You should contact your network to request that they approve the firmware update.

You can check the availability of update for your phone here.

Please use plain text.