Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 Unlock After 200.21.118 firmware Update

Advisor

E71 Unlock After 200.21.118 firmware Update

Following the above update I now need two key presses to unlock my E71.

Who's ridiculous idea was this? As my company enforces a 20 minute lock period and an 8 digit unlock password (set from the Exchange server via MfE) I now need two hands, and even more key presses, to unlock the thing.

And this is listed in the release notes as a new feature:

"Device Lock improvement: Open device lock with LSK + Fn-keys"

Is Nokia having a laugh?

SJ
Please use plain text.

Re: E71 Unlock After 200.21.118 firmware Update

I also find this annoying. And now the manual is incorrect as well :smileyhappy:

Page 112 - To unlock, press the left selection key, enter your lock code, and press the scroll key.
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Re: E71 Unlock After 200.21.118 firmware Update

Aye this is a really annoying bug and I havent found a walk around as of yet but will keep trying
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Please use plain text.