Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 firmware update 510.21.009

Registered Member
molaflex

E71 firmware update 510.21.009

why the hell did you release this new firmware? It doesn't fix at all the MAJOR MAJOR issues and bugs present so far on this device.. a few:

- FREAKIN hanging time when answering calls.. mic doesn't open when you press the green button. only couple seconds later.

- no option to activate loudspeaker when making calls... you have to wait the connection is established

- phones freezes when 'number is busy' in the other side

is it so freakin difficult to correct this? i was patient enough on waiting for the this update.. but c'mon.. twice? this is all about no listening to community, users and people posting here!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

What does this update address?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hiteshvino

Issues :

- Everytime when opening Dictionary it asks you to connect to internet to download a different launguage dictionary.

- Network Issues and Bad voice clarity.  ( I realised since i updated the new software ) otherwise till the it was working pretty awesome !!

Please can u come up with a better firm Ware Soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

@hitesh: are those the new issues created by 510.21 firmware or resolved by 510.21 ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimmyktp

regretted and disappointed. Do not ugrade to v510.21.009. Still have outstanding issue such as phone hangs when call is busy! Did not solve the issue. Worse, nokia removed the loudspeaker option when dialing a call. can only be activated when tthee's ringing tone. Cause accidents!
Please use plain text.
kirchwitz

New issues introduced in 510.21.009 (not in 500.21.009):

* USB connection to PC instable, not possible to upgrade, downgrade or re-install firmware (that's an issue a lot of people report with newer firmware on different Nokia phones)

* noticeable increase of power consumption (about 2x-3x times higher than before)

Wouldn't recommend to install this firmware. If I had the choice, I'd re-install 500.21.009 (for me, that's the best firmware so far).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
random_bob

[ Edited ]

So i just upgraded and the only (and major) issue that was introduced with it is the increased battery consumption. It is easilly 2-3x worst.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as it mentions about an unauthorised procedure. The use of which is unauthorised and can invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device, so we do not allow it to be discussed in an official Nokia forum. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Marcus_E71

I Upgraded 2 days ago to 510.21.009.

- The sound quality when calling is very bad after upgrading, i need to rollback or upgrade to a newer one. Reinstallation didn`t matter.
- Also the batterie life is half of time it was. From 3 to 1,5 days.

Furter no problems yet.

If this is the last firmware upgrade then this is my last Nokia.... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimmyktp

nokia is jz making things worse.. From a stable firmware to a **bleep** one with each update. Been a nokia supporter since 2001. I'm jz disappointed wit this brand.. Gonna throw this phone in the dustbin..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cloney

Whew! I was halfway through backing up my data before installing this firmware update when I read this thread, and cancelled just in time.

If there are really these many problems with the update then it's a real pity, coz this is probably one of Nokia's best-selling symbian phones.

Anyways, like most people I'm also fed up of Nokia's apathy towards consumer feedback, and I'm moving on to better options soon. An HTC Android based phone would be a breeze after this.

Please use plain text.
jeszrob

I got this phone with firmware version 500.xxx. I never had a problem with it, I just felt comfortable with the thought of  upgrading the phone's firmware.

I have been a long user of Nokia Phones...  From the 5110, 3210, 3310, 8210, 8230, n90....5800 XM and 5530 (which i still use now as a a secondary phone) then decided to get the E71.. 

I upgraded the phone's (E71) firmware a week ago to 510.21.009. I upgraded not because I had issues with the phones performace but by choice. I like to keep everything up to date. 

And so far since the upgrade happened i have not experienced the issues you guys are all talking about. I have tried emulating the circumstances that triggers the problems mentioned and suprising to say that its not doing the same thing on my end.

The only problem I had was when i tried upgrading the firmware. I tried to use the PC suites' software update but apparently the upgrade to the 510.21.009 version only works if you have the latest Ovi Suite installed - which I have figured out after a few failed attampts. It kept saying the phones was disconnected via USB.

I work 10 hours and always have my phone connected our WI-Fi network- the whole shift - as this allows me to multi-task better. By the shift's end it only consumes about 50 to 60 % of the battery life- which is very remarkable- I have never seen a phone connected to a wifi network for so long and only take that much battery.

I have to say I am pretty satisfied with my E71 running on the new firmware. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
curjam

molaflex wrote:

why the hell did you release this new firmware? It doesn't fix at all the MAJOR MAJOR issues and bugs present so far on this device.. a few:

- FREAKIN hanging time when answering calls.. mic doesn't open when you press the green button. only couple seconds later.

- no option to activate loudspeaker when making calls... you have to wait the connection is established

is it so freakin difficult to correct this? i was patient enough on waiting for the this update.. but c'mon.. twice? this is all about no listening to community, users and people posting here!

thanks

I have just upgraded my Nokia E71 firmware to version 510.21.009 and I have none of these problems. Everything is working fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
weil83

I have the some problems. Please help us!
Please use plain text.
bburkay

I have just upgraded my Nokia E71 firmware to
version 510.21.009 and I have none of these
problems.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crashmanY

I was going to update to 510.21.009 but after that claims about it I stayed with 500.21.009.

Any new comments will be helpful.

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.