Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71 software update

Registered Member

E71 software update

When i try to update my E71 with the newest software via nokia pc suite it always stop telling that there is no connection to the phone ?  what is wrong see jpg's

Contributor

Re: E71 software update

Go to the Nokia software update site, connect your phone to your PC but don't run PC Suite, make sure it's not running. run the software updater, it should complete ok. Make sure you've taken a backup first as you will lose all data/settings. (not sim contacts though, they are left intact)

Hope this helps.

Registered Member

Thanks for the answer, but it ended up whith te same result  ;-(
Contributor

Hmm.. When you plug your phone into your PC does the phone give you connection optioins?

If so, select 'Mass Storage' , make sure Nokia pc suite isn't running and run the updater independantly of pc suite.

My phone updated ok but I've noticed quite a few posts of other folk having problems. It may be something to do with the code level it's updating from, mine was level 100.xxxxx 

Hope you find a solution.

Registered Member

sorry it still dos'nt work, i even uninstalled pc suite to be sure. It ends up with the same result. When i connect the phone to the usb, it gives me 4 choices 1 nokia pc suit 2 mass storage 3 media storage and 4 use phone as modem. it is only when i use mokia pc suite, that the update progran can contact the phone. thanks anyway  ;-)
Counsellor

all i can tell you guys is that the new firmware can not be installed right now.