Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Erorr 12048

neliturnea

Erorr 12048

I own a Nokia 6300 and I've just installed the latest version of Nokia Suite and as I try to update my software, after the back up I receive the error 12048. Any advice? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xmasm1

I am having the same issue with E55. Any solution so far?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi 

Could you try the following solutions and lets us know if they have helped resolved you problem:

- Switch off the real time protection from the antivirus software.
- Switch off the anti-phishing protection from the firewall software. 
- Switch off the application control from you firewall / antivirus software. 
- Log in with Administrator user rights to the same user account you used when installing the Nokia Suite.
- Connect the phone to the PC before starting the NokiaSuite.
- Start Ovi Suite and update the phone software succesfully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
sevoiram

When trying to update my N8 I get the same error code after installation finishes backing up the phones data. Turned off antivirus, started ovi suite as administrator on W7. Phones model code is in the Belle available list... More ideas?

Please use plain text.
toprunner

I had problem with upgrading my E7-00. I found a solution in the german forum to try change USB-port and make sure that nu USB-hub was between phone and computer. That work for me. Before that i tried disconnect antivirus, switch off all firewalls and others and login as admin. None of that worked. Changing USB-port worked right away. Now i use Belle :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kobalto13

Just got this error when trying to update my N8-00. In my case, the update doesn't even start!

Please use plain text.
sevoiram

Thanks a lot! For me worked changing the USB-port. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

i updated my nokia C7 to belle and got the same error of 12048...i even dint got my back up...nokia please help

Please use plain text.
1mike

i am running win7. Am also getting this error 12048. Running Nokia suite 3.3.86. I have 6650 running s60 v3. Did not start having this issue till was upgraded to this new version. I have turned off firewall, do not have antivirus running. Still getting same issue. Tried different usb port on computer. No help. Per error instructions tried uninstall-reinstall Nokia suite. No help. Can I get link to get the older version and re-try?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Luiggi

Hi everybody, updating my n97 Nokia Suite showed me that error. The solution just only was executing Nokia Suite as administrator, no deactivate antivirus, no changes USB port or anymore. Just only execute Nokia as administrator and the updating was fine at all.
Good luck guys....

:smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
brinmb

I can't guarantee that it'll work but:

Clikc START button + R

type in regedit

delete all nokia suite files in HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Nokia

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Brin

Please use plain text.
oilman272

Re: Error 12048 SOLUTION

1- download (Free Registry Fix)

2- Free Registry Fix

3- reboot

4- enjoy

bye bye

Please use plain text.
Mohita

I have a E7. Kept getting the 12048 error till I came across this discussion thread.

Worked for me by changing the USB port. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Arielvenezolano

Re: Error 12048

Hi friends

I have Nokia Suite 3.3.89

My a N8-00 Whit Belle

I want to install maps 3.9.4 as it offers me Nokia Suite, but doesn't´t works...

"There was a problem with "nokia suite"
Restart the program and try again
If the problem persists uninstall "nokia suite" and download the latest version of the application"

I ALLREADY DID! and still does not work

Some help please?

neliturnea wrote:

I own a Nokia 6300 and I've just installed the latest version of Nokia Suite and as I try to update my software, after the back up I receive the error 12048. Any advice? Thanks.

Please use plain text.