Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Error Code: 12017

Contributor
santoshsivam
Accepted Solution

Error Code: 12017

I got this error (error code: 12017) when trying to reinstall my phone software using Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284 . I've enclosed as attachments the screenshots of the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Error Code: 12017

It looks like Nokia's servers were experiencing problems when you tried to reinstall your firmware. I'd just try again at a later time.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
checky

My E 72 has same problem I can't reinstal software. The battery is heating up the camera is not working I need help please

Please use plain text.
Contributor
santoshsivam

[ Edited ]

Yes ... I guess so. I'll try again later. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rickolo

I have the same pb when I try to update software "Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.241 to the last version. A message "error code: 12017" appear and the update is stopped !

Could you help me to resolve this pb and update this software.

The OS of my computer is "Windows XP pro SP3"

Please use plain text.
JohnCannon

I too have tried updating my Nokia E75 from version 110.48.125 to 211.12.01 and received this error code. I don't believe it's because Nokia's servers are uncontactable as it appears to have downloaded to my laptop OK. Uploading it via USB to the phone took about 30 minutes, and it was only when 'Finishing' that I got this error.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boditza

The solution for this is to use nsu beta wich can be downloaded from here

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater

Please use plain text.
Contributor
santoshsivam

It worked! Thank you very much! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
santoshsivam

@John: You can also try from the link posted by boditza. It worked perfecto for me!

Please use plain text.
elmurdoc

hi i have the same error with the E5-00 ovi suite when i try to update, but with the updater lab say the i dont have update available but ovi suite say the i do.

Nokia E5-00 Rm 632 Firmware 42.007

Ovi Suite says the i have 42.014 but when i try to instal i have the error 12017

now with the updater 3 from lab says i don´t have any update

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aftab_Miana

I was facing the same problem a few days ago.the only solution is goto this URL
(http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater)
and download NokiaSoftwareUpdater3-Beta.Now update your firmware with this
Beta Version of NSU.
You will face no problem and donn't forget to say me Thanks.

Please use plain text.
elmurdoc

sorry but dont work for me, like i said, i download the updater 3 from beta lab, but it says the i dont have any update, when ovi suite say the i do.

i from venezuela, if that is the problem, why ovi suite butter to tell me the i have a update the i cant have

sorry for my english, i let a image for you can see

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DingPogi

any luck?

Same here

E72 - Windows XP

The beta installer didnt work also..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DingPogi

For anyone who successfully do the updates, does your phone is lock by your telecom provider or any warranty lock?

After reading this post /t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147

my failed attempt maybe cause by my telco locked warranty on the phone. Well unless somebody of you out there says that this is not it, maybe I will try again.

Its sucks being locked by warranty..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ABiber

[ Edited ]

boditza's post (use betalabs) has worked for me.

Thanks for it

Attila

Please use plain text.
MAMUN01912

my phone nokia 5220 xpress music. when instal softer update while creat this eroor code. pls solve me soon.

Please use plain text.
MAMUN01912

help me ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vahid0098a

Please use plain text.
abhinavraj504

I have tried the Betalab NSU also but it was unable to update my Nokia 7230 Software. 

When i Use OVI suite then it shows New Software available for my 7230 and also it is downloaded in my system but at the time of updating it Shows "Something's gone wrong"

below it Error Code : 12017 is apeared.

Please Help me Now What should I Do???

Waiting for help.....:-)

Please use plain text.
ahsina

i too have the same problem. i updated my device,it took 30 min through USB and now an error occured 12017.Internet stopped working after this update,could'nt backup my device.Please Help

Please use plain text.