Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: F-Secure coming with Belle -How to remove?

Sage
SR_N8

F-Secure coming with Belle -How to remove?

Tried to uninstall F-Secure frm N8 (Belle) - seems it is impossible! Nokia please remove this restriction. It is "not nice" to promote any apps so forcibly to users..... Even MS does not do that at such extend...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Hello SR_N8,i was able to uninstall it from my C7.did you find it in the installed apps menu?in my phone was installed with this name:"Mobile security"(don't know for sure)not as "F-Scure".check the version of "mobile security" and you will see that is the same version that is registered if you open and check F-Secure version.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@SR_N8

Provided that you have never opened application longpress upon icon > Delete:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hi Loureiro!

I found "Mobile Security" in the installed apps, details hsow that it is a F-Secure Version 6.60(16462) but it can't be uninstalled still. Tried several times but always ends with "Removal failed" message... I'm sure most people don't like then they are forced to use something forcibly... I have nothing against F-Secure but never used it and find no need to start using it now. Even if it would be the best or last app available in universe I would have deleted immediately if forced to use it in such way... IMHO Nokia and F-Secure marketing guys should do they home work and study some psychology before promoting in such unpleasant way....
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

SR_N8 wrote:
Hi Loureiro!

I found "Mobile Security" in the installed apps, details hsow that it is a F-Secure Version 6.60(16462) but it can't be uninstalled still. Tried several times but always ends with "Removal failed" message... I'm sure most people don't like then they are forced to use something forcibly... I have nothing against F-Secure but never used it and find no need to start using it now. Even if it would be the best or last app available in universe I would have deleted immediately if forced to use it in such way... IMHO Nokia and F-Secure marketing guys should do they home work and study some psychology before promoting in such unpleasant way....

:smileysad: I agree whith you.I perform a hard reset to my phone after install Belle and reinstalled it again,don't know if it's related...

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hallo aspergerguy!

First thing I tried was long press... always end up with "Removal failed"... I found another F-Secure file among isntalled and removed it file was "Security Engine (7.00(17400))" - this one was removed OK but Mobile Security still resists :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Ancam2010

Go into F-Secure. Press on the options button bottom right and select exit. When the programme asks if you're sure you to continue and all security features will stop, agree to continue. Then you will be able to remove F-Secure (Mobile Security 1st, Security Engine 2nd) as detailed above without it failing. At least, that's how I did it!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarcinWawrzonek

The above solution is valid. I did the same and successfully removed f-secure from my phone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hallo all!

I wwiped data, reinstalled Belle, did not open F-Secure but immediately Long Pressed and Removed. It removed immediately. Seems I must have done something wrong frm beginning ... Sorry and thanks for replies!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

[ Edited ]

SR_N8 wrote:

Hallo all!

I wwiped data, reinstalled Belle, did not open F-Secure but immediately Long Pressed and Removed. It removed immediately. Seems I must have done something wrong frm beginning ... Sorry and thanks for replies!

Glad to know! :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
praveengeorgeix

just press the f secure icon for 2 seconds....... u can find drop down menu.... click delete..... the software will b uninstalled.....
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Please make sure that you all use some form of antivirus software on your phone. The amount of mobile virus around these days are huge. Infact in december 2011, there were more virus's found for mobile phones in that 1 month that there were in the period from 2004 -2010.

Below is a table from a well known antivirus company in a report they made in Jan 2012.

If you want more infomation about these results try here http://www.kaspersky.com/about/news/virus/2012/The_menace_on_your_mobile_six_times_as_much_malware_f...

Oh I am not trying to sell you anything just trying to highlight the fact that we all need antivirus software on our phones to protect ourselves.

PlatformModificationsFamilies
Android4139126
J2ME168263
Symbian435111
Windows Mobile8123
Others198
Please use plain text.
Sage

Personally I always felt my E6 ran better once I had removed F-Secure.

The first line of defence against malware is you. The biggest risk from malware comes from unsafe usage habits.

Few people are ever totally passive victims of malware, especially on mobile devices, you have to allow it onto your device, then allow it to run.

On Symbian devices malware typically arrives in bogus .SIS files which you obviously have to open and run before they can do anything. So think about the origin and credibility of the files you download and attempt to install on your device.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

[ Edited ]

twozero3 wrote:

Personally I always felt my E6 ran better once I had removed F-Secure.

The first line of defence against malware is you. The biggest risk from malware comes from unsafe usage habits.

Few people are ever totally passive victims of malware, especially on mobile devices, you have to allow it onto your device, then allow it to run.

On Symbian devices malware typically arrives in bogus .SIS files which you obviously have to open and run before they can do anything. So think about the origin and credibility of the files you download and attempt to install on your device.

whilst you are right about being passive victims, these days though things have changed. If you read the article from the link and from experience of i what see happen to customers in australia. The virus's are coming in through backdoors and sms. in the case of the zitmo (zues virus's variant), are arrive becuase of things they get on their PC's. The virus find the mobile number thru various means and send a virus to the phone in the form of an sms. The sms looks harmless however in the background it deleting messages, sending messages and making calls and other things. all with out the users knowledge. more importantly though the virus forwards messages from banks etc so that someones else can gain access to the infected parties internet banking, again all with out the users knowledge. This one virusis a multi-platform virus, that is it affects symbian, andriod, windows phone, and blackberry all in the one virus.

Its simple we all need anti virus software no matter what brand the A/V software is, otherwise you will loose your identity at some stage in the future, these virus's are getting more and more smarter every day.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PatrickOfLondon

I agree with the users here who found the F-Secure installation rather unpleasant, because it was so hard to find out how to remove it. After exploring the new Nokia Belle installation on my N8-00, I started the F-Secure application to see what it was about, then found I could not stop the application unless I first configured it. Having done that, I was then able to uninstall "Mobile Security" (a less-than-obvious name for the application that called itself F-Secure elsewhere on the phone) through Settings > Installations > Already installed >(long-press on Mobile Security) > Remove.

It may be very wise to have anti-virus software on my phone but I don't want to have to pay more for that than I do for my PC anti-virus, which is what F-Secure's website invited me to do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Parithbell

First of all i dont like belle and today i got a website which alowing us to remove nokia belle permantly u need to go to  To remove nokia belle www.removenokiabelle.blogspot.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Xtreamcodey

I agree with you, I have a solution to delete f-secure.
(If you want to avoid hard reset, though it won't work).....
First, download Netquin from OVI store......
go to APPs manager..........
and simply unistall it.......Restart.........
I'm sure it would work............(you can delete Netquin if you dont like it...But it is an awesome apps..........:smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ranac6

help please ..

i have downloaded the new software nokia belle but the problem is that it dosent have arabic language i am so annoyed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nas272014

I also had the same problem for my Nokia N8 ( Belle ) , but now I have removed it by following these 3 steps :

step 1 > Download f secure trial version from this website :http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/mobile-security    ,,,,   

Note : click the "Try F-Secure Mobile Security free for 30 days." button in the page , and then follow the steps ...

step 2 > Install it into your phone

step 3 > Now simply uninstall it ....

I hope it will work ....    

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KARIMORSI

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
Please use plain text.