Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR NOKIA E5-00

Advisor
varunseth
Accepted Solution

FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR NOKIA E5-00

can someone help me on this. i have the nokia E5-00. when i am going for a software update, its showing a result as no latest updates available. but when i searched the latest update available for my product via product code, there is an update. my software version is: 042.010 latest available update: 042.021 or even higher, i have no clue. Can sum one help me on this, i want the latest update for my nokia E5-00. i am from india...does the region matter...????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR NOKIA E5-00

The region does matter as not all updates are released for all regions.

With this only being a minor version number change it's likely that it was an update for a specific language or region.

Even with major versions not all countries get them as the same time so it's often a case of waiting.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
varunseth

so are you saying a major update is available......or in tht case.....what is the latest version for E5-00

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can someone perhaps post a changelog / show us what has been changed in the 042.014 version?

Please use plain text.
G13L

just installed it. I see no difference on first sight...

Isn't there any place where you can read everything about the update or something?

thamaestro wrote:

Can someone perhaps post a changelog / show us what has been changed in the 042.014 version?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nijumdedar

nokia E5-00
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Feb 9th - no update in Pakistan yet. Desperately waiting for an update.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Feb 10th and still waiting for an update in Pakistan.

Seems like the Symbian dev team is busy with the rolling out updates and fixing issues for the higher end models.

The last firmware on this phone was in Jul 2010, which was 042.007 - which means, the phone's still stuck on the launch firmware.

It has a gazillion issues and seems like Nokia is not interested in entertaining the consumers after they've added their revenue numbers.

The business plan is to fight the recession revenue numbers by launching more models than you can handle with half-baked products and no effort on fixing the issues.

Bad plan Nokia - these revenues will not sustain.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
varunseth

Finally i have updated to v42.014....thank god...!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ok that seems like a breather - but i am still waiting for the update in Pakistan.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Please i want to know if there is any problem with this firmware v042.014. Just got available in Nigeria today. And i don't want to update to a firmware that has issues because it is not downgradable. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Spektr

It seems that there are a lot of bugs with this version?

http://www.tech-trip.com/tag/v042-014-firmware/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Elefantti

Hi, I updated to 042.014 last week and yesterday I tried to use the flashlight, but it does not any more work. I mean I cannot start it by pressing long time the space bar. Earlier this has been working very stable every time. The flash works itself when taking a picture.

Also the problem with very loud alarm sound has not been fixed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

I also updated to firmware v042.014, but i dn't have flashlight or loud alarm issue. Re-install the update using ovi suite. Dat wud fix it. Remeber to back-up first.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

@Spektr ,I have see that site. And i got none of those issues. NONE! Lol.. But instead, my phone has stopped restarting since i updated it. That guy has some software that are messing with his phone. He should try hard reset.
Please use plain text.
bhu341

hi,

the new version of firmware .014 has intermediately fixed the switched off issue but still happens , but the phone is still very slow, a hard reset and a firmware update both have not fixed it, nokia is acting like a sleepy cow ,waiting to be put out of business while other mobile o/s companies comes up with updates for any issues with there phones ,nokia likes to have people waiting frustrated , shame on them.

From my initiate analysis I believe nokia is not able to successful manufacture phones with 600 much arm 11 processors there phones come with a bundle of glitches.and defects

varunseth wrote:

Finally i have updated to v42.014....thank god...!!!

I strongly advice them to recall the faulty phones ,its deemed unfit to be called a smart phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Elefantti

I don't know what has happened. Now the flashlght works again.

I have only installed couple programs to it, but no firmware update or reinstallations.

Strange

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HMurillo

Just one more thing, if you upgrade to the 014 version there is no going back, you can do a hard reset but this just change the changes you made in this release, you can not downgrade, only upgrade to new versions ... greetings, the best is wait for a better version tested

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GuruMUG

I think update is availabble now.

Please use plain text.
IKRAMMUSAWIR

hi, i have firmware 042.010 latest firmware are available but i am unable to update software using my handset. There is only available option is "update via PC". My question is that can i update my phone's s/w Over the Air or not? Should i connect to a PC to update firmware? We cant update firmware by using our handset?
Please use plain text.