Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Firmware patch for 6600i slide ??

Counsellor

Hi,

I changed my Nokia usb cable for a standard usb cable. With the new cable, I could update the firmware to version 36.60. First, I have used and updated to the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite. After reboot the pc, I launched the firmware upgrade. (15 minutes approx.). It seems that all functions and errors are corrected.

What do you mean with a "standard usb cable" ? It has to be compatible with the phone, is it right ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Finaly!

The updatet Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1 made it possible to update the Firmware to v. 36.60!

The Auto focus is now working!  :smileyvery-happy: ( Still not a god camera, but at least it´s working)

Seems like the display function is improved to.

Thanks.

This is a very good information.

Some other information about the display, please ?

Where do you live ?

Please use plain text.
aecia

Nokia cable that came in the box with my nokia 6600i, only work properly to perform the copy or restore, not for the firmware update.

I used a standard cable. USB -> micro USB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have been able to update to 36,60.

Updated the NSU then no problem.

I dont know if it solved any of our problem?

C

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Finally I have successfully updated to v. 36.60 by Nokia Ovi Suite... BUT the display is always off after ten seconds. Also with the slide open.

Someone is able to set up the display (energy saver and suspension mode) ? 

Five months have passed waiting for this update ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RickDanger

Hi, I have been able to install this update also after upgrading Ovi to the latest version. I now have maps application on my 6600i which was not there before. But I have lost the default dark wallpaper. Now there is only "silver" theme and wallpaper. Does anyonw know where I can get the dark version of the same theme? I prefer it to the new look. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomber

Yesterday I have updated to 36.60. But I also get still the same errors:

- Display getting dark after about 10 seconds (with all constellations of energy saver and suspension mode)

- Receiving time of SMS still 1 hour in the future

My hopes have been destroyed !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm really annoyed and bored and the main problems of 6600i slide are not solved.

I'll sell it or, more probably, I'll give it to someone who hasn't a phone.

No more Nokia, for the life.

Probably, this is my last message in this forum.

Goodbye all :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
jimmi101

I have been waiting in hope for the new firmware 36.60, can someone confirm that the new firmware is still no good? Im wondering if trading standards will be more interested than NOKIA? I have used nokia phones for the last 10 years but no more, im going to give this phone to my 10 year old son and start looking for another brand with working software.

Please use plain text.

Has anyone the German Version updated?  I can't find the 36.60 Version in German.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nigelsamuel

Hi everyone.. i am facing a rpoble.. u see, i am from malaysia and i using 6600i slide. i used the nokia software updater to update my phone firmware from 36.16 to 36.60. it is as everyone said. the auto focus works and the camera functions improves.. but i cant turn on night vision, multi shots, and white balance... the worse part is, my chinese language is missing.. i used to have malay, english, chinese. now i have english and dunno what screwed up language.. anyone has encounter this problem?? or any has a solution to this problem?? i planning to downgrade the firmware to 36.16.. possible??

help please...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trefork

I'm on 36.16 and both NSU and Ovi tells me that that is the latest available firmware update.

I too is annoyed at the screen going black, in my case is seems to be more like 5 seconds.

Please use plain text.