Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Firmware update to V40.0.005 can't stop alarm ...

Firmware update to V40.0.005 can't stop alarm when its operate! (Nokia 5800)

[ Edited ]

Since last friday 22-Jan-2010 , I successful to upgrade my nokia 5800 software from V30 to V40.0.005 that last update on dec-2009 , all functions is OK its fater than last version but its have Big Bug for Alarm Function.

After its time reach that alarm setting its wakeup to alarm with new screen feature that have animate Stop bar and Snooze bar but when I need to stop by press animate Stop on touch screen include try to stop by press green light key on panel alarm its not stop and not have any response to stop.

But when I press red light key on panel its go to snooze that its will alarm me again. One way to stop its is go to deactivate that alarm. 

Same function its occur when incomming call its have animate bar to press for accept that calls but its not work too.

Can we go back to last version ? go you can fixed this issue soon ?

Message Edited by ppitsanu on 25-Jan-2010 04:08 AM
Please use plain text.

Re: Firmware update to V40.0.005 can't stop alarm when its operate! (Nokia 5800)

just when i thought my endless issues with this phone were coming to an end!!! i cant stop the alarm in the morning arghh.

Nokia, Please respond. 

Please use plain text.

Re: Firmware update to V40.0.005 can't stop alarm when its operate! (Nokia 5800)

I also have this bug in my Nokia 5800XpressMusic. And one of my colleagues too. I guess this is either "easy to repeat" or "reproduces always" type of a bug.

Similar bug (or the same one) also makes it impossible to close calendar event alarms. The alarm just goes on when you try to close it by pressing either "close" or "postpone" (not sure if I got the translations right).

You can only get rid of an calendar alarm by deleting the calendar entry or by unlocking the keys just before the alarm starts.

The bugs make the phone almost unusable for me and I guess I'm not the only one. Alarm clock and calendar are both in the top five of my "most used applications" list.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

hey guys

didn't both of u use N97 ???

it's not a bug at all ... just when u recieve a call when ur phone is locked, just slide ur finger from left to right on the green bar " Answer " to answer the call and slide ur finger on the blue bar from right to left to silent the call and unlock keybad

and that's also for alarm when phone locked 

hope i helped u guys

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.

thanks zoro06

it worked. 

am now feeling quite silly.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

u r welcome at any time , bro :smileyhappy:
-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

Thanks! That helps a lot. No need to throw the phone into trash anymore :smileyhappy:

(In my opinion this is still a bug. Not that fatal anymore, but still a usability bug; the new functionality makes it harder to stop the alarm when waking up. Now in addition to trying to get my eyes focused, I need to hold the phone with one hand and do the required magic slide move with the other; it is quite hard to use right hand's thumb to slide to right). 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

in my opinion it's wonderful update

now u must be awaken to stop the alarm (( to make sure u woke up really :smileywink: ))

and i stop the alarm with ma right hand , bro

about snoozing - if u want to sleep more - just flip the phone front side back :smileywink:

hope i helped

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emaillenin

When will I get the firmware update for my Nokia 5800, India(Chennai). Service Provider - Vodafone ?
Kudos, if you find this helpful
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

ask the provider (( operator )) u got your phone from .. not NOKIA

the delay is due to them not NOKIA , bro

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emaillenin

@zoro06

If I ask the service provider, they'll ask me back 'What is a firmware update'?

Kudos, if you find this helpful
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Just joined the forum because of this update bug. Tried the slide to stop or snooze the alarm and it works. Easy when you know how! I wondered why the red or green bar was moving across the screen.
Please use plain text.

Thank you for everyone now I tried and successto stop alarm with new technic, Its wonder ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

thanks for the help! I discovered this "bug" this morning in the hard way...I couldn't turn it off and my litle daughter woke up...5.00 a.m. :smileymad: ... so she of course wouldn't stayed in bed while I took a shower so she woke up her older sister who didn't like it and started to fight and cry...all this just becuase that new update..

The ironic thing is that I got problem with the phone yesterday and support asked me to reset setting and upgrade to the latest FW...this morning I wasn't so sure anymore if what I got from them was HELP.

Is there any list where features/changes introduced by every FW are listed or INSTRUCTION for new features??? So I don't need to check if things look the way they look today because maybe a setting was reset or maybe because it's actually the way it's supposed to be after the FW update...for instance, the keyboard...when I write SMS now the keyboard and SMS screen shows together....to achive this the keyboard is now smaller....I want the big one back!!!....I usually use the nails to write SMS, now I'm forced to use the Touch pen! which while makes you look "smarter and interesting" it's not practical for me.

I think NOKIA is missing some big point here, you can't tweak completely a UI for a feature without the proper information for users, what about a welcome text explaining the new feture or a short video walkthrough per FW (those that introduced new stuff) that shows the most relevant stuff?'

/rant over

Message Edited by MazzingerZ on 29-Jan-2010 09:54 AM
Please use plain text.

[QUOTE]Is there any list where features/changes introduced by every FW are listed or INSTRUCTION for new features?[/QUOTE]

There could be a demo introducing the new features along with every phone software update. For example a video showing the UI changes in practice etc. would be nice. And this video should of course be started on the phone automatically after the update has been installed. Videos take quite much disk space, so delivering them as part of the update may be impossible, but maybe some kind of a slide show would work too..

Anyways. Feel free to rob the idea :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
da1970

Dear zoro, seen ur valuable information reg how to stop alarm sound. tnks. i was wondering what happened to my phone after installing new Firmware update-V40.0.005.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
batmann

thanks as well for this info! i was about to throw the phone away, after constantly having problems.. after the update, now ovimaps randomly cant calculate the route (driving)... i am seriously thinking about starting a blog: "me and my nokia 5800 problems". this is, because i am constantly having problems with this phone and need something to manage my anger...

at least now ovi maps is free. just annoying, that i bought a one year licence half a year ago for 100$...

Please use plain text.
Bknet5800XMusic

Every one after update to version (V40.0.005) have the same problem with my Nokia 5800 Express Music, and Nokia support did not take any action upon repairing that bug.

And every morning I can't stop the alarm clock when it's start alarming.

During the alarming the red button is functioning and it will take to snooze.

We are waiting a soon solution from (Nokia) team.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

[ Edited ]

We are waiting a soon solution from (Nokia) team.

But htis is not the Nokia team if i where you i would search the posts here for 5800xm firmware bug solutions 

Nokia support did not take any action upon repairing that bug

Did you conatct Nokia suport what did they say .

Do you know how to turn the alarm off .

Slide your finger in the direction of the arrow to silence the alarm. Same goes for answering calls.

jje

Please use plain text.
ajaichacko

Thanks for the solution in Alarm probs.

I am facing another issue of not getting the qwerty keyboard had earlier. I am getting only mini qwerty keyboard now.

Please use plain text.