Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Firmware yes or no

Contributor
schlafengehen

Firmware yes or no

Few days ago I was noticed of new firmware available for my 5800 xm by Nokia. I tried to update via the Nokia Software Updater and it says (still) that there is no update. When I use the Ovi Suite, it says that the 40.x firmware is available and it starts to upgrade and says that this was successful but it isn´t.

Can anyone explain this to me, please?

By the way - the internet page also tells me that there is firmware 40.x available for me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

have you checked your mobile firmware by pressing *#0000# ?

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Contributor
schlafengehen

Yes, I did :smileyhappy:

It is still 31.0.101 on a RM-356.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

install nokia software updater and use that instead.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
schlafengehen

[ Edited ]

Thank you but as I wrote the NSU tells me, that there is no update at all

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

You are entering  your product code in the firmware checker box and getting something returned in the green box saying latest firmware for your phone is  V4 ?

jje

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schlafengehen

Latest available software for  Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0577080
Version:  40.0.005

this is what I get

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

You would be best to take phone to a Nokia care centre .

jje

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schlafengehen

I think so too but thanks for the tries

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

try product code checker app to be sure that the code on the label is the one in the phone FW

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheba

Good luck mate coz u'll need it!! Am trying everything for a month now but still no luck just a waist of time.... nokia sent me to carphone warehouse in guildford but they said I should go to Kingston!!! No thanks, not that easy for me. just need a clear answer here. Is the handset faulty if it doesn't accept firmware the normal way?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schlafengehen

I now know the solution.

A few weeks ago I went to a service point which flashed my phone to V31.x and they must have changed the product code. Another Service point read it out with a software and they told me that the code in the phone is different to the code on the sticker underneath the battery. So I think I'll have to go to the first store again so that they flash the phone again.

Thank you for your help and good wishes.

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheba

Is there a way for the normal owner/buyer/user to find out if the product code for his handset is really the one on the sticker please? Does it need a special software only at Nokia points? Isn't customer right to know and verify what they're getting?!

Please use plain text.