Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

HELP - No QuickOffice after installing Anna

Counsellor
n8paul

HELP - No QuickOffice after installing Anna

After much faffing about I got Anna and then got 1 further update to Update Ovi Store and one other thing (I forgot what)   which went in ok

Now i have No QuickOffice and No Adobe Reader

Please help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Re: HELP - No QuickOffice after installing Anna

After trawling other posts I found a "workaround"  But Nokia this needs sorting properly

Downloaded and installed QuickOffice from this link

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1612/ada5-08c4-4fee-9a39/Quick_Office.sis

Downloaded and installed Adobe Reader from this link

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1612/7f8e-1d3d-489a-9f84/amr100_NOC.sis

This is why iphone wins for non techy users   I love my N8 and much of it beats other phones handsdown but  Nokia need to adobt an update system like Microsoft Windows (think how many infanent combinations of hardware Microsoft support and update daily its amazing how it all works) 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vasukhanna

@n8paul :- is this quickoffice pro version or only view version ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Its a "free" version (not sure if pro)   but i can create and save documents

Says its version 6.4.460_TB9.2

All i mainly needed was to be able to open office files on email attachments.

Please use plain text.
ryuuketsu

I've got the same problem after anna update but your links don't work anymore... Can you post them again? Thank you...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
alex80386

[ Edited ]

How did you install Symbian Anna - Ovi suite, Nokia Software updater or Over the Air (using network or Wifi)?

For my N8 I first used the Nokia Software Update application (version 3.0.383 from Beta Labs) although Ovi suite would have done the same job... this gave me the main 022.014 update of about 266MB, but found that left me with some missing components and it didn't offer anything else. Then I used the over the air update via Wifi for the remaining pieces of software.

Menu -> Applications -> SW update

Then installed:

Symbian Anna update 1/2 (28MB)
Symbian Anna update 2/2 (30MB)
Ovi Store (18MB)
Social (3415kB)

Once all that is done it should force another restart and then those apps like adobe, quick office and ovi store should be working again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

I am in the U.K. (N8, Black, T-Mobile, 059D4S1) and  have the exact same problem.

Updated to Anna through Ovi Suite which was not offered as a 2 part download but instead a single part download (277MB) which went very smoothly. I'm very happy with that part so thank you, Nokia.

I then went to the phone menu's Software Update option and was offered "Social" and "Ovi Store". They installed smoothly also.

Now, although I do still have an"Office" option in my applications, I do not have either QuickOffice or Adobe Reader.

As you know, we in the U.K. cannot use OTA for updates and no updates are offered even if I try. Ovi Suite also doesn't offer me any further updates as of course, it can now see that Anna is now installed and assumes all is o.k.?

I miss being able to open my attachments, documents and pdf's :smileysad:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Looks like Nokia have removed those links

Sorry to those that don't have quickoffice anymore (i only found those links from another post)

I too am in the UK so is the "no further update for quickoffice" a UK issue?

You think with several months to prepare this update would have gone a little smoother.

Nokia Please stop producing so many varients for phones one per different laguage is all thats needed. 

Say no to network branding.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

try changing your phone's date to 31 august 2011 then check for updates in phone or on ovi suite on pc and download them.....this tip has worked for users
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies and advice, guys.

Tried checking for OTA updates(*#0000#) with phone date set to 31 August - No updates available.

Tried checking for OTA updates (Software Update application) with phone date set to 31 August - No updates available.

Tried checking for updates via Ovi Suite with both phone and PC dates set to 31 August - no updates available.

I also wonder if this is something to do with phones that recieved the Anna update in one large file?

I also just noticed that there is still a QuickOffice folder left behind in C: Drive / System folder but it is empty...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I am also in the UK using an N8-00 and have exactly the same problem concerning QuickOffice and the PDF reader.

I am grateful to those who have saved me wasting my time changing the date, trying to download files of old versions of QuickOffice from sites that do not work etc.

I am not remotely grateful to Nokia for taking months and months to make this update available (it is hardly an upgrade with its indecipherable noddy icons) and then destroying core functionality.

I say core as the full versions of QuikOffice and Reader are part of what you pay for with the phone. I know because I wrote to QuickOffice as originally I feared that it might be just the trial version as with the N97.

If I were to say that in removing/failing to restore these functions Nokia were in breach of contract might that for once trigger someone from Nokia to read these posts and do something about a common problem ASAP?

One is allowed to dream.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I would just add the followingvery  important point.

Not only is there no QuickOffice and Reader but it would seem that without them there is also no way in which one can read plain text in emails. HTML mail will still show text but messages which are plain or RTF show nothing.

That makes it even more critical for Nokia to get on top of this issue and do something.

There are posts elsewhere on the Nokia site giving horrifically complicated alleged solutions. None of them should be ncessary and I suspect that not only do they not work but would seem to simply create other problems.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aashafie

I think you missing the second part of the updates  -software updates.

The first part is the device update nearly 300 MB download. After you install this one thing i notice is my quickoffice and adobe le. (I found this out when i want to read email attachments)

The second parts (symbia anna 1/2) are the one with these apps. you get it through software updates (not device updates)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

@ aashafie,

I think the problem some of us are having is that we were never offered a 2 part update, only a single large file (277MB) in my case. Once that was installed, the option to download any other parts is never on offer no matter what route we use. Ovi Suite seems to think that the phone is completely up to date.

Regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
christozah

Same problem here - Orange UK N8 phone - Only main update offered plus OVI store and social - no update 1/2 or 2/2 offered - no Quickoffice or Adobe Reader. Wrote 2 emails to nokia but no answers. Nokia should be providing answers by now and solving problems...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to resolve as there seems to be common factors involved i.e.

U.K. users who were only offered one large, single file, downloaded and installed into phone followed by social and Ovi apps.

Then no further updates offered via any means.

Come on, Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

When I open my office folder, I was hoping it would look more like this... at the 10:16 point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhdqBhi8CjM#

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Guess i was VERY lucky to get QuickOffice back from they link before it was pulled down.

I hope Nokia are looking in to this

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palpal33

I don't expect an instant solution but recognition from Nokia that there is a problem would be a nice thing. I wait with baited breath.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I am deeply indebted to n8paul and another on this list who took the time to write to me direct (he will know who I am referring to) for a fix that was simple and actually works.

I ignored all the stuff about QT upgrades and downgrades which is what put me off thoroughly in the postings that others made. What I did was:

1. Download and save the Office SIS using Internet Explorer - ~Quick_Office.sis see the posting from n8paul

2. Download and save the Reader SIS using Internet Explorer - ~again, see the posting referred to

[NB: the links given for those files remain live as of this evening]

3. Connect your N8-00 by USB cable to the PC and wait for it to be shown as connected in W7

4. Double clicked the Reader SIS

5. That opens OVI Suite with a message asking if I wanted to install Reader

6. Click YES and wait

7. Get a prompt to complete the installation on the phone - agree

8. Agree to the install on the phone

9. Register the application using the same email address as you used before

10. Repeat the steps with the Office file downloaded

The versions of QO and AR would appear to be the full registered versions as provided with the N8 in the UK

None of that is onerous complex or onerous and it will be found that the applications even show your recent file list.

Of course is Nokia were half competent in the first place and half decent, having made a hash, and promptly dealt with the problem themselves I would not need to be posting this and others would not need to have done a lot of work finding the work around.

Please use plain text.