Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: HTML5 Browser for Symbian^3 / Belle devices li...

Professor
noki2000

HTML5 Browser for Symbian^3 / Belle devices like FP1

Hi Nokia

There has not been many positive changes in our browsers since we first bought our Symbian^3 devices, so it would be nice, for a change, if you give us a browser upgrade to HTML5, like the one included in FP1 and showed in the Nokia 808 PureView.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Re: HTML5 Browser for Symbian^3 / Belle devices like FP1

A html5 browser would definitely be a good thing. especially for those that actually use their E7's as a business phone like it was sold to us as.

Please use plain text.
Professor

If you haven't already, maybe you'd like to try the Opera Mobile browser.

I personally find it to be a substantial improvement over the native Symbian/Nokia browser.

HTML5 support is much better with Opera Mobile than the native Symbian/Nokia browser but is not beyond improvement itself.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

twozero3 wrote:

If you haven't already, maybe you'd like to try the Opera Mobile browser.

I personally find it to be a substantial improvement over the native Symbian/Nokia browser.

HTML5 support is much better with Opera Mobile than the native Symbian/Nokia browser but is not beyond improvement itself.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Thanks for the suggestion twozero3

I'm already using Opera and it's great.

I'm just asking for something from the new FP1 that Nokia can share with us, Symbian^3 / Belle users.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
portoghella

Yes guys Opera mini is based on HTML5. i'm using it on my N8

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

I have a problem with my Opera 12 on E7. When will try to play video on any side is not open says "Learn more about upgrading HTML 5 browser" and "Get the latest Flash Player". Opera Mobile 12 supports HTML 5, which means it should run videos or i wrong ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

akeovi wrote:

I have a problem with my Opera 12 on E7. When will try to play video on any side is not open says "Learn more about upgrading HTML 5 browser" and "Get the latest Flash Player". Opera Mobile 12 supports HTML 5, which means it should run videos or i wrong ?

Hi akeovi

Actually Opera depends on the flash support of the device, it means it can only play videos coded until flash 4 lite which is so far away from the updated flash version:

http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

But HTML5 is the future of the web and flash mobile support has ended, even for Android, so in the near future we'll enjoy a lot more having HTML5. That's the cool thing of having a system browser supporting this new technology.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

jraduga wrote:

A html5 browser would definitely be a good thing. especially for those that actually use their E7's as a business phone like it was sold to us as.

Thanks for your support jraduga.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

[ Edited ]

jraduga wrote:

Indeed, there's an aspect of firmware update that, to my sight, has not been properly taken care of, and it is personalization. Once, it was the reason of the letter before number in the device's name.

Each device has its own potential; there are business devices, photographic devices, music devices, multimedia devices, feature devices, etc., you name it, actually there's a device for every specialized need , so, why does that not happens with the updates?

Our phones receive all of them the same software but that only wastes individual potential for each device. For example I have a N8 and I absolutely don't want / need Microsoft Communicator installed in my device because I don't use it at all, and so; If I'd have an E7 or E6 I would be more interested in that kind of applications installed in my device.

My proposal is simple; every device receive the same firmware but with different orientation so it can boosts the device's potential.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

This can be an excellent time to increase the support for Symbian devices to compensate somehow Nokia's latest decisions about it:

http://dailymobile.se/2012/03/06/nokia-snubs-north-america/

I really hope Nokia's reading this posts and make Symbian users feel a little less abandoned.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

This topic needs a little warm up.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

In all the updates Nokia say that the browser is updated but can't see any major changes.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

ajaydavidson wrote:
In all the updates Nokia say that the browser is updated but can't see any major changes.

Hi @ajaydavidson

You're right about that and, for what I remember, I have pretty much the same experience with Nokia's browser back since S60V5.

I hope this improves soon because a smartphone is less smart if it can't browse as it should.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

[ Edited ]

I'm fairly sure to an extent the software is 'customized' for type of phone, that just one of the reasons for the product codes. Even though the revision is the same magic number, the n8's version is designed to use the 12mp cam, where as the e7's is only an 8 mp cam. the firmware has to changed to allow for this and other things as well. for instance the e7 does not have a memory card slot where some models do. So to an extent they are customized, but it is only a small customization.

Something that i dont say much about, on here is how  i have always been disappointed by the browser, even though my e7 and my e90 before it was technically faster than the iphone 3gs for data. the 3gs has always been able to download pages so much faster and more reliably than my nokia phones.

a decent browser that is current as well with html 5 compatibilty would be just so awesome. Honestly i just want to be able to flog an iphone for speed and reliability, i want to be able to view what i want when i want it, and have my iphone friends say to me wow thats brilliant.

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

[ Edited ]

I agree with you @jraduga

I'd like to share with you some thoughts I've posted in another thread and, I think, goes the same way of what you've expressed in here:

"A great part in the secret of success behind iPhone is that, exactly; the final product has been exhaustively tested and the user experience is 90% pre-known by Apple before the product launch to market. The other 10% comes with their actual use with different operators around the world and the incredibly large amount of applications at disposal for them and is released ASAP as bug fixes / patches.

Please note that I'm not saying it's the best device because I don't think so. I'm a Nokia fan and love my N8 btw, but also have to admit that every product Nokia releases is a "Work In Progress" and we, the customers, help a lot in finishing up our devices and that usually happens when our devices are too old to fulfill their potential, so they're sort of "Sean Connery" (the older the better).

This leads me to a second great part of iPhone's success:
The customer experiences having the best in the market (I'm not saying it is the best but the customer feels that way), at least for a year. In Nokia's case they themselves mine under their own products and you can't enjoy your device for even a month but they're announcing some other better device launch and even those better devices are not the best of the market so it's a long frustrating chain."

This is posted in here (message #18):

/t5/Software-Updates/Anna-roll-back-request/td-p/1321973

I'd like to add something to this and it's that perception Nokia gives me like they dose (holds) the appliance of new technology on their devices and want to keep it for the years to come as if they're still the kings of the hill and there's no competition at all.

I'd like to read your thoughts about this.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

Hi Guys

I wanted to share something I've seen that looks as an improvement at least, but not as good as it should be.

Here's a link with a comparison between N8's and 808 PV's browser:

http://dailymobile.se/2012/03/13/browser-fight-nokia-n8-vs-nokia-808/

How do you like it?

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

Hi Nokia

Is there any news to share with us about a really new browser for our S^3 devices?

Any answer will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

Hi Nokia

No Flash support and no HTML5 means little use and no future for our browser.

Any answer from you will be welcome.

Please use plain text.
Professor
noki2000

Time goes by but not for our browser. It's the same since S60v5. It's time for a real update, don't you think so?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Yes. All S^3 phones need HTML5 browser.
Current browser is okay for some websites only.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.