2011-09-03 11:12 - edited 2011-09-03 11:28
Phone Nokia C6-01
Like so many people I have issues with new Symbian Anna update. Some things are just big bugs Wish there was a way to revert back to Symbian ^3.
- GPS has gone very bad. Standing still it will pick up signal but when moving the GPS signal is lost the whole time.
- Battery live has been reduced somehow. I can see no apps running but I have to recharge my phone much more often now with Anna.
- Photos taken with phone now have a kind of color haze in them: kind of pink in the middle and blue/green around the edges. Did check on shots I made when phone had Symbian ^3 and the haze is not there!
- Adding of totally useless apps for the general public like Micro$oft Communicator which Nokia somehow sees as important update: remove MS Communicator from phone and Ovi (and update on phone) says there is an "important update". What is SO important about this utterly useless Micro$oft **bleep**?
- No more working apps after Anna. Like the Dutch "Buienradar" app (loosely translated a radar for incoming rain showers and the prediction of showers).
- The default theme's and icons are really SO ugly, like a kid of some Nokia designer made them with colorful pens or something like that. Not really an issue though cause enough free and WAY better looking themes around.
All in all I am SO sorry I did go to Anna
Yes, I did do all the things as mentioned in the Troubleshoot posting /t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-Troubleshooting/
I have the same trouble on my Nokia N-8 Dutch Buienradar works no more and strange picto's[I changed is back] I hope there will be a quick recovery update or it's "asta la vista Nokia '
I have upgraded with Symbian Anna. My "Buienrader" don't work anymore. The battery status is very poor. I have to reload the battery every day at least once a time. To my opinion Symbian Anna is a program developed by schoolboys. I regret I have installed it. Bad service from Nokia, no support at all.
The Dutch buienradar is not compatible with the Anna update. Buienradar has reported to me that they will work on a solution of this problem.
After updating to Symbian Anna, Phone is working fine in 2G only.
phone is restarting in Dual mode/3G mode. Nokia care also not solved the problem so far
I seen issue with Camera after updating to Anna,
To activate to Camera Mode Click button wont work, worked in symbian 3.0, To Open Camera mode go through application > Camera and Snap Photos by Click button then works. Some time it start show loading icon to load screen what ever it may be like call or open application the screen went black from bursting screen.
No problems with my C6-01 after updating to Anna, i use GSM mode and only connect via wifi, GPS works fine offline, buienradar works but it always says update available, camera works ok.
And the battery life seems fine to me.
You have better visit NCC , your phones need a clean fw install . But before you can try this /t5/Software-Updates/FOR-THOSE-HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH
2011-10-25 15:39 - edited 2011-10-25 15:41
After installing Symbian Anna on C6-01
- Diary preview from Month to daily program does not work anymore. You either have month to day (splitted with hours that u have to scroll full day to see your notes) or daily program only. This sucks. I need month with daily program as before.
- When calling with Bluetooth connected you cannot use handset anymore. You have only option to use Bluetooth or speakerphone only. I need handset option as before.
- There should be option to the user for bigger buttons for easy selections.
If there is no any new update with selections to previous functions I will unfortunately format and sacrifice some data :-(