Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How do you pronounce "Belle"?

Advisor
KevinColeman

How do you pronounce "Belle"?

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. On a recent trip to the Nokia Care Centre the technician pronounced Belle as Bell. I would have assumed the pronunciation was Bella? Does anyone know what the actual pronunciation is thanks?  :smileyindifferent:   :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Bell.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Yep, in English as spoken in England, the last E is silent so it's "Bell"

It may indeed be said differently elsewhere.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In English its Bell but in Finnish : Belle ( pronounced "bélé" in Finnish),

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

It would be pronounced "Bell" in French as well.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I honestly fail to see the relevance. What the heck does it matter...Honestly it doesn't. If the nokia care centre is too stupid to work out what you are saying then I'm afraid to say I think I would take my phone elsewhere. Either way it really doesnt matter, we know you are talking about belle,if you say bella. Although the word Belle is written everywhere on the forum, we are smart enough to work out what you are talking about.,

Please use plain text.