Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to delete unwanted apps?

Contributor
millicurie
Accepted Solution

How to delete unwanted apps?

I installed Belle on my N8.  It came with stuffs I don't want:  Nat Geo and Movie Teaser.  WHY CAN'T I DELETE THEM?  

What is wrong with you people?

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

Please refer this thread.

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Millicurie,

Thank you for your post!

In this case you are right, if you look below this is taken directly for the Nokia Belle Support page.

Q) After the update to Nokia Belle, I'm unable to uninstall pre-installed applications and I get the error message "Removing cancelled" in the application manager. What should I do?

Some preloaded apps, for example CNN video, can't be removed. But you can remove the corresponding widget from your homescreen via a long press on it and then tapping the red cross that appears in the corner.

If you have any other support questions relating to Nokia Belle please look at the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

I know its not the answer you were looking for but at least you have an answer on this particular topic.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
GeminiPhoenix

Raoul_Duke wrote:

Q) After the update to Nokia Belle, I'm unable to uninstall pre-installed applications and I get the error message "Removing cancelled" in the application manager. What should I do?

Some preloaded apps, for example CNN video, can't be removed. But you can remove the corresponding widget from your homescreen via a long press on it and then tapping the red cross that appears in the corner.

The question I seem to be asking a lot on here lately is: WHY?

Why can't certain pre-installed apps be removed? I can understand things like the music player or text messaging or other essential features of the software being denied, but things like a CNN shortcut and "Ovi What's Hot" should be allowed to be removed.

Likewise, certain internet bookmarks such as "Here and now" should be able to be removed as well. I have no use for these things, I don't want them, and I should be able to remove them!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
millicurie

Good questions.  Same reason why Nokia smart phone market share has gone from 30% to 12 % within one year.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michalborek

That sucks. The application are some kind of **bleep**, they are not updated so I don't know why you push it to your clients!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mukeshdak

This holy **bleep** ( sticky apps ) is not acceptable to us
MD
Please use plain text.