Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to get or reinstall complete Software of 2690

Registered Member
software2690

How to get or reinstall complete Software of 2690

I have nokia 2690 and its software is curpt.  I tried to reinstall from nokia Ovi suit but some files are missing and not correction reinstalling...........

files like  Themes, ringtunes, browser, calculater , phone lock, etc.

plz guide me i get complete software or get these files...........

plz help me i am so worried about my device.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Re: How to get or reinstall complete Software of 2690

Hi, Use new Nokia software updater instead of Ovi. If your problem is not solved then just give it to NOKIA CARE. The'll solve the phones firmware problem.The'll charge some amount if your phone is not under warranty period.
Thank You.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Parryluv

How do i get my 2690 certificate
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Parryluv

Please i need assistant to get my phone certificate and software. Anyone with an idea should help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Install Nokia suite, click on software updater for updating or reinstalling the phone software.

Backup your important data before this.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Check this link for certificates issue.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Certificate-not-on-phone-or-SIM-for-S40-phones/td-...

For updates-

Connect your phone to a computer & select Nokia Suite mode. If you do not have Nokia Suite on your pc you can download it from here. Now open the Nokia Suite & click on the “green icon of arrow pointing downwards”.

If any updates are available they will be shown in ‘green’. If not you may reinstall the current version. Reinstall option is shown in ‘blue’. If no option to reinstall is shown, please wait for sometime it will become visible.  Then the Nokia Suite will download the new software version of the phone. After it you will be prompted to take a complete back up of the device content. Please do not skip this step as reinstallation will erase all the personal data from the phone like contacts, messages, calendar entries etc.

Please note that if you have set a memory card password & you have forgotten its code then take a backup of the card data also as the card will be locked after update and can only be unlocked if you enter the correct code or by ways mentioned in this thread.

Also note that while updating the device ensure the following things-

1. The device is full charged.
  2. The internet connection Is of good speed & has a backup in case of power loss.
  3. The PC should also be connected to back up power source as if the process is interrupted the phone may go dead. More on update failure & its remedies here.
  4. Please do not run any resource intensive programs in the background while updating as it may freeze the PC which in turn will lead to a dead device.
  5. Ignore all the windows pop-up notifications about device being disconnected.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETED.

1. It will be better if you disable security keyguard & PIN code request before proceeding with Update/Reinstallation.
  2. Sometimes the device may show Test Mode. Do not panic & DO NOT remove the cable. Let the process complete.

Also check out this video on YouTube with instructions for update.

If problem persists, please visit the nearest authorised Nokia Care Centre.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
monam

I have nokia 2690 and its software is curpt. I tried to reinstall from nokia Ovi suit but some files are missing and not correction reinstalling...........

files like Themes, ringtunes, browser, calculater , phone lock, etc.

plz guide me i get complete software or get these files...........

plz help me i am so worried about my device...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Please read this article: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/3981...

If you have also Restored your phone to factory settings, and are still having problems, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sid_1

@monam uninstall nokia suite or updater which you have and check in program files there is no folder name nokia or software updater if the folder is there delete it .

restore your mobile

again install latest nokia suite then check for updates and reinstall it

hope this helps

thanks

Please use plain text.
Updateprovider

I have Nokia 2690 My Software Is currecpt Then I Try To Reinstall Software By using Nokia Pc Suite
after Reinstall I check my Phone But my problem not Resolve How can I Get Certificates and Software Repair
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

96******** wrote:

the browser in my nokia 2690 is not opened...... what shoud i do?

Moderator's note: This post was edited. We have removed the phone number. 

Please use plain text.