Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to update Nokia 2690 Built-in Opera Mini Brows...

Contributor
ShanAli

How to update Nokia 2690 Built-in Opera Mini Browser ?

Bough a 2690 yesterday, It has a Built-in Opera Mini 4.1.x. Is there any way to upgrade it to Opera mini 5.1. I hate this version. 5.1 is much better

Contributor
ShanAli

Re: How to update Nokia 2690 Built-in Opera Mini Browser ?

Plz help me
Registered Member
Amin4u

Yeah even i want 2 update it
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

The inbuilt opera is firmware embedded and cannot be updated, however you are able to install opera mini 5.1 even withou uninstalling the old one. You will however have two instances of Opera Mini in your phone. 

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Mobile Guru
nj15

@ShanAli,

You can get the latest version of Opera Mini for your phone here

To Install through your PC

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/

It would require you to use a USB connector (CA-101) or a microSD card reader to transfer it.

To Install directly on your phone

Go to  m.opera.com using your phone's web browser.

*Data rates from your network provider may apply

Cheers :smileyhappy:

I buy nokia 2690 mobile.in operamini i changed protocol to socket then found that failed to connect internet.why?
Registered Member
vikrantmore66

You changed the protocol but u are getting the error msg failed to connect the internet, but the reason the operator or the residence u are living is not supported by that particular operator for socket if it supports u must change ur configuration sett. And change ur access point to internet.
Sybernator

I have a different but related problem.

I bought a Nokia C1-01. D browser do not work. It does not log on. The opera mini i believe is corrupt. I was able to copy from my Nokia 2700 classic UC browser 7.2 I can browse but cant I cannot download anything. It will time out and show service not available. The opera mini now browses but i cannot update it. I have updated the phone software to 5.something using Nokia Suite. The problem still persists. Cant download anything or update. I dont like the opera mini - too old. Want to tpgrade to ver. 7.5 which i hav ön the 2700 classic, download Nokia browser and apps and any jar of my fancy. I have a healthy SD memory card 2GB. I need help. Will flashing help. I have upgraded the phone's firmware with nokia suite.
Contributor
Rathodamit88

Which sim?
browera

browser
Community Manager
poochini21

Hi browera,

Welcome to the forum! :cathappy:

Is this for a Nokia 2690 as well? Are you also trying to update the phone's browser as mentioned in the previous posts? Provide us more details about your concern and the community would be happy to assist you. 

We'll wait for your response. :cathappy:

Final Banner