Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to update e72 software on Mac?

Advisor
rogoff

How to update e72 software on Mac?

I don't have a PC and I don't have enough time to visit a care point to do that.

So, how to update my nokia e72 software on my Mac? 

I am a loyal Nokia customer for more than 10 years but the lack of proper Mac support is a big reason to wave goodbye. It makes me angry because I feel that the company I've been giving my money for many years does not care about me any more.

Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: How to update e72 software on Mac?

That is not possible, to update a Nokia device's firmware you need a Windows PC. Atleast you can sync your Nokia phone with Mac, there is nil support for Linux.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Advisor
rogoff

OK. This is my last Nokia phone. 

Counsellor

Nonsense,

You can upgrade your phone's firmware over the air, like I always do with my E-72.

All the other actions or software you can do with a MAC.

Map loader is there for MAC

Synchronize data via Bluetooth

Sync for contacts and agenda

What do I miss?

Nothing as far as I can see..... So yes would be nice to have a suite like on Windows, on the other hand I always have major sync issues on my Windows PC at work especially after a firmware upgrade. So I rather have the current MAC set which at least is stable, and only firmware has to be done over the air, what's the problem ??

Advisor
rogoff

I do not have such an option in my Nokia e72 software updater app. There is only "Update via PC" option. 

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

rogoff wrote:

I do not have such an option in my Nokia e72 software updater app. There is only "Update via PC" option. 

Seems quite common for 52.005 to require this option. Although there is no way to justify it, you could install copy of Windows under BootCamp on a Mac for such eventuality

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
rogoff

So you suggest I should buy Windows only to use Nokia updater? I'd rather spend my money buying a new phone made by one of Nokia's competitors who respect mac users :smileyhappy:

Counsellor

Menu - Ctrl. panel - phone - Device mgr - options - check fro updates (make sure you either have a data connection or a wifi connection) then install the update, that's all, n0 pc nor mac needed.

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Absolutely. I was able to update my E72 over-the-air.

Just dial *#0000#, then go into "Options" and "Check for updates".

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Advisor
rogoff

I repeat again: I do not have such an option in my Nokia e72 software updater app. There is only "Update via PC" option. 

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Did you get your E72 from a mobile network operator?

What you describe is certainly not part of an E72's standard firmware. It looks like you have network-branded firmware on your phone, in which case you can thank the network that did the branding for this situation.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Advisor
rogoff

In Russia we do not buy phones from operators, we buy them at the phone shops.

My phone is not locked, it works well with all local operators and all installed apps.

So the problem is definitely with Nokia firmware which for some reasons does not give me the "over the air" update option.

Honestly, I am tired of this conversation, I see no positive response from Nokia staff re. Mac updater so I am going to change my phone to Blackberry or Android.

Bye

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

If you're looking for a response from Nokia then you're looking in the wrong place.

This forum is a user-to-user forum. Some members of Nokia staff do read what people write here but rarely participate in their official capacity. If you want to contact Nokia themselves rather than other users of Nokia products like yourself, then use the "Contact us" link in the navigation bar at the top of any forum page.

Advisor
rogoff

This is not the only place where I wrote about this problem, dude :smileyhappy: Yeah, I like to waste my time helping people to see their mistakes :smileyhappy: