Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to upgrade FIRMWARE of Nokia 6600 ?

Contributor

How to upgrade FIRMWARE of Nokia 6600 ?

Hi
I want to update firmware of my Nokia 6600. From where do I download it and how do I install ?
Mobile Sensei

Re: How to upgrade FIRMWARE of Nokia 6600 ?

You can't update the firmare on the 6600 on your own without relatively expensive flashing equipment and illegally distributed firmware files.

Best that you take it to your nearest Nokia repair center and ask them to update the phone for you. Try locating one through this page: http://www.nokia.com/repair
Contributor

Ok. Can you please tell me how to backup Templates on my nokia 6600. I have copied all contacts to pc but i am unable to copy or backup templates via Nokia PC Suit. I want to format my phone, So please tell me how to backup contacts ? My phone is working very very slow. The gallary is not opening , the bluetooth is not wotking it is giving error if i try to turn bluetooth on as Unable to perform bluetooth operation. What i do ?
Mobile Sensei

PC Suite has a backup/restore feature ( the "Content Copier" ). I don't remember exactly how it is shown on the 6600 version of PC Suite (haven't used that in several years).

You can also use the PC Suite synchronization (PC Sync) feature to save your contacts in MS Outlook or Outlook Express or Lotus Notes/Organizer.

And I think the 6600 also already has support for backing up phone memory to the memory card (an option in the "Memory" app on the phone).

I'm not sure if the above backup/restore handles message templates. Possibly. I never use the templates myself.