Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I Cant Update my 5800 xpressMusic with software V4...

Registered Member
haeup

I Cant Update my 5800 xpressMusic with software V40.0.005

the latest release software is 40.0.005 , but when i try to update my phone on OVI pcsuite it doesnt detect the new version, it just says "no update available"

my latest version is V 31.0.101..

i found out about this new version from my friend because his 5800 xpressmusic is updated with V 40.0.005 and says he just updated it last February.. How come i cant update mine?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: I Cant Update my 5800 xpressMusic with software V40.0.005

God I am tired of people asking this question like a zillion times a week. And if you dont answer them they start cursing or hijacking threads.

You cannot update unless the update has been released for your product code. It may be due to various reasons, like your phone being network branded or country variant.

A network branded phone cannot be upgraded until the network approves the update, second, the country variants have an approval process as well, usually by the local telecommunications bureau or something else.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Re: I Cant Update my 5800 xpressMusic with software V40.0.005

@chanchan05: i think that we must have a link of our threads talking about this question and when we see posts like this , just paste a link of the thread :smileyhappy:

i'm tired too :smileyvery-happy: so i paste a link or the same answer :smileyvery-happy:

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

update 5800

@zoro - problems is people dont read through the posts we link. Maybe we get someone to post a sticky with the explanations. Just a single post with the explanations, and lock the thread. Sticky it to the top and we can link everybody there.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: update 5800

Needs more than a sticky a Gluey with double barreled shotgun .

Pity their is no search button on this forum   .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
weezuan

i cant get the latest version v40.0.005 on my phone and computer! it just show me the latest version is v31.0.101! how to get and where to get  please help...... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

check here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

It might just be that v31 is the latest fw for your productcode, and you will have to wait.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
boecki80

[ Edited ]

I guess the "I can not update to V40 - what can I do" problem is discussed more than enough on this forum. It's always the same, people do not go through the threads before asking. Wouldn't it be easier for the "gurus" here to create a new thread about this topic, describe everything there, lock it and put it on the top (as the 2 other major threads)?

Another thing that I don't understand is that people very often say they will never buy a nokia again since they have to wait for the firmware updates that long (even if in most of the cases it is not the problem of nokia but from the contractors they have signed)... Sorry, but did those people never own another mobile from another company? I never owned a mobile from another manufacturer where a firmware update was offered that included additional features from other and newer mobiles. Other manufacturers say "if you want new features then buy our new phones"! We should be happy that nokia offers this major update instead of blaming nokia that it takes so much time to release the update....

In general if you want the V40 do not wait until it is released for your PC. Go to the Nokia Care and ask for the update...

Sorry for my english, but I think everybody can understand what I want to say...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheba

Well I think it's still a Nokia problem coz if other compagnies do not offer firmware upgrades and u have to buy the next phone All users are equal in this case, everything is clear and u don't waist ur time to end up just frustrated feeling u r behind, stuck with some handset with "defect" somehow!

I didn't like when I changed Nokia like 5 years ago, and thought I'd be happy when converting back with the 5800 but it's been more than a month and am not feeling but frustration and regret to be back! just want to go back to what I had (SE) and can't help moving my sim to my old-just mobile one every few days!

This FW update like it is now is just crazy and if u don't have a Nokia care point near u, maybe better to go for another mob which will stay maybe what it is for everybody who buy it...Thx

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mobile_Gal

Go to a Nokia care shop and they will update it for you....

It's free. Just make sure you back up ALL your data as the phone will completely be reset.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheba

Easy to say..but thx. No Nokia care in guildford! Just a shop for sales only!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dawie1

I cant answer calls using the new flashing touchscreen buttons

hi there

is there anyone who can assist

nokia has uploaded the new software V4 on my Nokia 5800

the software has new touchscreen buttons which flashes when somebody tries calling.

when i press these buttons to answer it wont select or work. it wont reject or answer the call.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: I cant answer calls using the new flashing touchscreen buttons

the software has new touchscreen buttons which flashes when somebody tries calling.

when i press these buttons to answer it wont select or work. it wont reject or answer the call.

Reply 48000112.

You have to slide your finger in the direction of the arrow for it to work.

/t5/Software-Updates/Unable-to-pick-the-call-when-5800-is-in-lock-mode-after-V40-0/m-p/616827#M67961

jje

Please use plain text.