Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Information for customers with Nokia Lumia 820...

Technical Expert
michaels

Information for customers with Nokia Lumia 820 and 920

[ Edited ]

A Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 software update providing performance enhancements for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 has started rolling out over the air. Delivery will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by the end of February. You will receive a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.

Edit: projected end date updates, thanks to Kerttu for the revised information.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Information for customers with Nokia Lumia 820 and 920

Thank you for the info. :smileyhappy:

Really hope i'm near the start of the roll-out, mid-March is a long way off!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Great news!

These devices are really gagging for the update. Let's hope it solves many of the stability issues surrounding WP8.

Looking forward to it, provided EE pull their finger out and actually approve it...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fakhrex

Awesome News............:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Nice to hear! Looking forward to update as it brings lots of enhancements :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Great news. Lets see when it becomes available. :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
SimonUK72

How would i know if i have portico or not please ??

Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oliveiraFrancis

Thanks for sharing this info.

Is it possible to know if Nokia Lumia 920.3 dev phone is also included on this upgrade?? When it will be available?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fakhrex

Michaels,

Please Confirm .... Is this a global release of PR1.1 Portico update for Lumia 920 & Lumia 820 users?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Thanks for the update Wayne, not too long now :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
taiger

So have anyone actually started to recieve this??

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SpeedFire_

[ Edited ]

This is good, but why does it take so long (1.5 months), when Apple, for example, provides updates instantly for everyone? 

//The owner of Lumia 920

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Looks like it's been released for Vodafone handsets in a few countries today.

It's very wrong that carrier branded models are getting it before those with carrier-free models. Nokia has really dropped the ball on this one, a bad sign of things to come.
Please use plain text.
_alxndr

thx. i became update over the air. now charge the battery and install it :smileyhappy:
lumia920 vodafone (germany)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just got the update on my Lumis 820 on EE in the UK. Nothing special that I've noticed, could have done with a profile settings and ability to customize your own alert tones !! Hey ho. Maybe another one some day !!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
himanshu820

Hi,
I am a lumia 820 user and am excited to have the new update as soon as possible.
Please use plain text.
toprocker25

I recently just bought a 920 a few days ago. I checked for updates but said the phone was up to date. How do I know if i have the newest pr 1.1 update or not? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
girish82

[ Edited ]

Thankyou so much for this information. I just bought a Lumia 820 & waiting for the updates.. hope it will come to INDIA@soon...

Girish Panicker

michaels wrote:

A Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 software update providing performance enhancements for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 has started rolling out over the air. Delivery will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by the end of February. You will receive a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.

girish
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Scoob101

My Wife`s 820 (on O2) got an update yesterday.

My UNBRANDED 920 (with o2 sim) is still waiting for the update.

Very disspointed that branded phones get updates before unbranded/sim free phones. :cursing:

Can you explain this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

It's a major bone of contention right now. Nokia seem to be working very closely with network operators, which is fair enough because it used to be that operator-branded devices would sometimes get updates months after unbranded ones, if they got them at all. But doing this at the expense of unbranded devices that people have paid good money for in order to avoid the wait is just wrong.

There must be kind of wheeling and dealing going on. Maybe the network operators said "OK, we'll sell your devices but we want you to hold off on updates for vanilla devices until we've approved ours".

The update is, however, worth waiting for (I have a branded Lumia 920 from EE here in the UK). The phone seems much more stable than before and photos are much sharper than before. It is worth the wait.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.