Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Information for customers with Nokia Lumia 820...

SimonUK72

Re: Information for customers with Nokia Lumia 820 and 920

Is there an improvement in music quality through headphones ??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
taiger

I'm also on unbranded 920 and 820 and have not recieved any updates.

I can tell you I'm a bit uppset, and for long now I have started to think about other metods but have contained myself untill now .... :smileysad:

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@SimonUK72: I couldn't really say one way or the other. Even pre-Portico I found the quality to be pretty good. An improvement in audio quality is not something I was specifically waiting for, to be honest. If stunning audio quality is a requirement for you then maybe using a phone is the wrong approach to start with? Also, any compressed audio format is going to introduce flaws in the sound that the audiophile will pick up regardless of the playback quality.

@taiger: Use of "other" methods is your prerogative, you just need to be prepared to accept the consequences. If anything does happen to your phone after such an update, you're on your own, and those "other" methods cannot be discussed here.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
SimonUK72

Thanks grschinon

I appreciate its not going to be the best,however i do expect it to match the iPhone. pre portico the volume is low and its a bit muddy.. Even htc offer an improved SQ..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
taiger

Looks like portico is now rolling out in Finland at least for 920, got a message about updates available this morning. Have not been able to update due to at work and don't want to be without a phone for ~1h ...

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
samuel1989

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL LUMIA 820 & 920 OWNERS of the Singapore Variant! The long-awaited Portico update has been AVAILABLE for Global (Singapore variant) AND at least SingTel variants of the Lumia 920:smileyvery-happy: UPDATE TO Portico FOR YOUR Global (Singapore variant) LUMIA 920 and SingTel LUMIA 820 & 920 NOW!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boy786

[ Edited ]

I am now in Malaysia, I have bought nokia Lumia 920, nokia pr1.1 updates already updated in disember2012, but down to this day I have not received the update in Malaysia, will soon be out of a new update. why until now update did not reach, why??? when the update will be out, please reply to me, this is my email,, please reply XXXXXX@yahoo.ie

Moderator's Note: This post was edited and email address was removed. Please do not publish personal information as such in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
samuel1989

[ Edited ]

Which Malaysian carrier you sign up to? I think the Portico update may not come to M'sia because maybe Microsoft Malaysia found out that Maxis and Celcom did not want to approve the update and they did not want to put up the update to the unlocked WP8 phones either in a matter of fairness to those who have the Maxis or Celcom variants of WP8 phones.

Also don't post your personal info in this board especially e-mail addresses because no one who's really from Nokia Care and Nokia Support will see this, only us users and this forum's staff.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

If this is the case then I sincerely hope that MS would reconsider. Not allowing the update on unbranded handsets is extremely unfair on users who paid good money for them specifically not to be subject to the operators' control.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vickylance

but can you please mention the firmware version of this update because i wanna cross check with my lumia 920's firmware version
Please use plain text.
sanjeevkumar7

Finally got the update for my Nokia Lumia 820 in India. Got some new features like storage check :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.