Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is it possible to roll back to old firmware?

Advisor
macros

Is it possible to roll back to old firmware?

I have updated my new N95 from v10.0.018 to the latest v11.0.026 and after this from languages choise was disppeared Russian language. Suprisingly.

Can I roll back previous firmware 'cause I better be with my native language than with new formware.

Anyone know something about this possibility?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

23-May-200706:19 PM
macros wrote:
I have updated my new N95 from v10.0.018 to the latest v11.0.026 and after this from languages choise was disppeared Russian language. Suprisingly.

Can I roll back previous firmware 'cause I better be with my native language than with new formware.

Anyone know something about this possibility?

Hi macros

Not possible with Nokia Software Updater unfortunately!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
macros

You said - Not possible with Nokia Software Updater?

But possible in some other ways?
Maybe someone have file that contain old firmware and we could somehow give this file to Updater?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You need an expert to roll back the firmware. It is complex to do but it is possible. You cannot do it by any legal means.... (ie, NSC and NSU will not do it for you)

Z.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

It is completely impossible to "roll back" a software version once it has been updated. Doing so will render the phone completely useless as it will literally kill the handset instantly, the CPU will become corrupt.
iPhone 5 32GB
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Please use plain text.
Advisor
macros

At the Africa all people have this sense of humor? :smileyhappy:

Nice joke! Someone maybe will even believe you... someone from primary school :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
macros

to Z.
I don't have any doubt that experts at the service center will help me, but something tells me that they will use the same software as we do, but only they have all the FW versions and some parameters for this software to take any file they point on.

Just my guess.

So I think it's not impossible to do this by yourself, it's just question of environment.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It IS possible to roll back, because it's been done. It's not easy or trivial but it CAN be done. There is a forum out there that has the details but I am not providing links on here. Sorry. "Google is your friend"

Z.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

Ha Ha very funny! Go ahead and advise people to revert back to old software I would love to hear the outcome. Seems Russians still have not learnt to move forward with politics instead of reverting back to old ways all the time...
iPhone 5 32GB
Please use plain text.
Advisor
macros

Well, I said a joke about not really your country, but continent, then you joke back about my country.

So, I think we even.

About revert back to old FW. I think this is possible.
And I absolutely aware of prolbems that could happened because of this. I am big and clever adult 33 years old.

So I don't intertesting about morale aspects, I just interesting in practical advises HOW TO.

So if anyone have any info - I will be very appreciate!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

Hey dude no hard feelings! lol was kinda funny actually but remember South Africa is in no way like Africa... lol!

Well my opinion stays firm still that you can't, if you can prove me wrong then I will have learnt something...

I deal with Nokia on a daily basis here and I am confident in what I publish.

Keep well!@
iPhone 5 32GB
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Is there a way to re-install the update?

The phone is now very slowwww and hangs on almost all menus, when I leave for a period of time it becomes good when I choose messaging for example it hangs!

Please help!

Please use plain text.