So I've updated to Nokia Belle earlier today, and it runs incredibly smoothly, but there are some problems that I must address:
Firstly, opening some applications (or any) causes my phone to freeze up and therefore I have to restart it. I've done this at least 10 times already. I'm almost curious as to wether or not my N8 is struggling to keep up with the software. F-Secure will not respond after opening.
Secondly, trying to download some applications that were lost from the update, I notice that a great deal of them fail to download/update. I guess I expected this as many may not yet be compatible, but the main application that fails is the Social Client, which to my understanding, was updated fo rBelle devices not long ago. Why this fails is beyond me.
Third, connecting to a wifi network that requires a web-authentication is not possible for a while after turning on the phone. It attempts to connect, and does, but does not open the browser and give me the option to sign in to the wifi. Then when I try to open the browser myself, it does not bring up the sign-in page, it simpy shows that I am not connected to the internet.
And I don't know what the deal with Swype is, but I no longer have the ability to edit a word that I've swyped by double tapping... It was a very useful function, as Swype does not always get the correct word.
With my Nokia E6 (upgraded to Belle) I cannot edit the settings of EAP-PEAP for WPA2 corporate networks. I think this is quite a serious issue. A full reinstall did not solve the problem.
Regarding the Swype issue I just want to add that I've updated my swype from Nokia beta labs and now it works ok under belle.
I updated my nokia N8 from Anna to Belle yesterday as well. So far, I don't think I have any of the issues listed above, I was quite happy with this new update. However I had a bad surprise when I plugged my N8 to the aux audio plug (Headphone output) in my car.
Before with Anna my phone will switch automatically to headphone accessory output like if I had plugged my Nokia headphone and I was able to listen to music in my car.
This function is not working anymore, I tried to look for an option or setting but didn't find anything. I tried with regular headphone and it was not working. I did my research on the internet and found out that people had the same issue and actually if one push the plug slowly it will work, and actually it does (weird).
However, I tried the same trick with my car aux audio cable, but still doesn't work!
So, did someone know how to fix that? I really need this function!
Thank you very much.
from my side:
1. all windows of email client looks ugly. (belle means beautiful in french).
2. music player equaliser non-adjustable.
3. icons under settings menu look abnormally pushed up
4. log app has been completely removed of data connections
5. only nokia evolve theme, midnight themes gone. ugly.
ugly ugly it is.
I am re-posting this from my earlier post in the "bad things" thread. Hope to hear from the gurus.
These are what I have so far:
1. There is always an icon on the top bar indicating "a network service opening or closing" or "network service on hold". I have tried battery pull trick but that doesn't help. A hard reset is needed?
2. Wifi filter is not available so everytime you scan, it shows everything that is in the air. I'd rather like to have it just show those I want it to show
3. Previously we can set Wifi scanning to off but still get connected to Wifi when we start an app. Now it seems that wifi would need to be on. Would this be a drain on the batt. Also we cannot set the interval when wifi is scanned
4. There is no "set widgets to offline mode" setting. Need to set mobile data off to achieve same
5. Can only see sms messages in conversation form. I would like to see it as an inbox which Anna had an option to do so
Mine is an E-7. Anyone has any solution to the above?
2012-02-08 20:31 - edited 2012-02-08 20:33
Please report to R&D and tell them to investigate asap the headset issue after Belle update. There is multiple reports in the forum and all around the internet about this in several phones. My C7 Nokia headphones too stopped working after upgrade to Nokia Belle. This is almost showstopper for me. And please inform us if there is a workaround, I could not find one, except to buy a bluetooth headset..
My phone is C7-00, RM-675.
Other issues I found were related to Ovi Store; If many applications exist in the install queue, periodically Ovi Store crashes (memory leaks?) and after that either all queued or the one just installing fails to install and need to be reinstalled. In order to install all my missing applications after upgrade, I had to reboot the phone multiple times due to crashes and out of memory.
Thirdly, I hope this is a bug and not per design, but if playing music and in the homescreen click the music player widget, the player does not return to currently playing album, but to the Music Library beginning instead. This is pretty annoying, the Anna Music player did not behave like this.
These are just your personal preferences for most of the things mentioned:
1. It is bearable. Just click on the widget and you have access to everything. With being shorter you don't waste screen space.
2. You can select multiple by simple long clicking the first one and marking and then adding the others. Not an issue.
Slide shows can be done by albums...again not something really massive.
Don't know about tags.
Nothing wrong with the message.
3. If 3 is huge than use the mail app that is just a single square and access from there. It is not like you don't have an option. Some people would prefer one, some three - with lack of resizing some people won't be happy but Nokia can't please all - obviously in their research more people wnated three and not one. I don't mind three myself.
4. Nothing wrong with the layout. Seems pretty good as it is.
5. Bad omission really.
6. If it wasn't so ugly I wouldn't mind it being big. However it is very ugly so I've resorted to analogue, which tbh is not much better. Some customization option is necessary.
7. Not sure what you mean, everything is OK on my mobile.
8. Why would you want to do that!? That's just being picky.
9. Bad omission.
10. Could be a bad omission. Never needed that option but doesn't seem very efficient the Belle-way.
I have to agree with that Belle does have some issues which shouldn't be present considering the development time it took after Anna was released. I believe Belle development started even before Anna like Windows 7 was before Windows Vista.
The biggest and most important issue is the freezing caused when launching almost any apps since it's random. Known apps are Ovi Store, Camera, Logs and even the dial pad. So it could be something wrong in the core and not on the apps. Hope this can be fixed by next month or Nokia will get into deeper trouble.