Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issues after Belle Update

Sage
Ngwangwa

But sometimes when I use web the device still freezes. The issue of Nokia N8-00 with Nokia Belle software should be resolved and Nokia should release a fix that will help us. As I discovered is that I am not the only one with this problem and Nokia should look into this.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
jonas2012

i also upgraded my nokia n8 from a flashed symbian anna to nokia belle.my phone was a swapped phone even though the produce code wasn't mentioned in the list. it seems the roll out of nokia belle isn't for everyone. the only thing i noticed was the continuous use of camera will freeze my unit. also i noticed the signal icon is not equal in the flash version compared to the original update

Please use plain text.
Tinku14

[ Edited ]

Just now my C7 upgraded to Belle, but I have some problems..,
1) Font size is changed to very small
2) "Nfc Share, Nfc tutorials, angry birds, midnight themes are gone" only nokia evolve themes is there and its not good
3) nokia store upper logos are pixel outing
4) Last 4th shortcut is missed in blue colour home screen
5) Belle updating not avalable in nokia care centres at warangal
6) Really really Iam dissapointed to upgrading my C7
Plz plz help me wat do...??

MODERATORS NOTE: Personal details have been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
vicky_vk7

I am from India.I recently updated my C7-00 to Belle. Now  i am not able to use tv out function. Selecting tv out as default does not work.:smileysad: Is there any other way or can i revert back to symbian anna. Somebody an Nokia please help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ricky4u

i am also facing a same problem.my nokia c7 freezes sometime and i have to remove the battery to solve that problem......belle have some problem in its gallery because some deleted images from my phone are still showing in my gallery.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sajal_gudwani

Fring not working on my C7 after updating to BELLE.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kristinap

Hi, after update to belle I can not see any video in Videos in main menu only if I transfer them to C memory. Those saved on mass memory or memory card are not shown in Videos this a bug and what should I do?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kareemgad

N8 after updating to Belle .. Fring not working too .. Compass App not working ... and still annoying me with Security Code pop up after every and each time restart mobile
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mhmd41Hamra

Dear Nokia Team,

I have an E7 Running Symbian Anna I used to have mail for exchange configured with my corporate account running smoothly on Anna but recently i updated to nokia Belle and I lost the mail for exchange completely, MFE disappeared after the update, though i have all of my applications running smoothly, both my gmail and hotmail are configured and running, but the MFE with corporate account is gone, it's not even there for me to set it up from the start, would appreciate your urgent support as i use MFE on my E7 on regular basis.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abelardo

[ Edited ]

..after updating my e7 to nokia belle, it doesn´t recognize the unlocking code, and after restarting the device it ask for the unlock code, shows the message that it is wrong but continues loading (thanks god). I go to the phone security management in order to verify the unlocking code, but simply does not recognize the code. I am sure of the code because I had it wrote down. Is there any way to reset the security code?

I have received this answer NOKIA customer c. " In that situation the problem vanishes by entering any code until the phone stops asking for it. After this, the code you had entered before the update will work again normally." but it does not work

One more thing, when zooming pictures, and only pictures, once you lift your fingers from the screen, the image goes back to its starting size. 

Have anyone got the same issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

[ Edited ]

socalpaisa wrote: 

Firstly, opening some applications (or any) causes my phone to freeze up and therefore I have to restart it. I've done this at least 10 times already. I'm almost curious as to wether or not my N8 is struggling to keep up with the software. F-Secure will not respond after opening.

i update the phone yesterday to belle.

i got the same problem.phone freeze every time i open app,then i get black screen,then need to restart....

also,wen someone caling me,phone will freez,and ringing  untill i restart it.

im on n8 3UK.

need some help,please

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

[ Edited ]

hi skyee.any solutins for us...cos my phone is keep freeze all the time.

i dont know,ifi should reinstall belle,or do the hard reset.......................or mayby my mobile is broken itself???

please help

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
cjholgate

Interesting comments about the random freezes.  After updating my N8 it is doing something similar.  This is most pronounced when using the SMS application and results in the touch screen becoming unresponsive, before doing what looks like a reset of the GUI (the screen goes to the five flashing dots for a short period before restarting).  Given that - and the fact that it now refuses to install any other software at all - I think I'm going to have to take it to a care point for a complete firmware re-install.

It's a real shame, because there are a lot of things to like about Belle - but I guess it's what you have to expect when you sack or outsource the entire development team before they have the chance to finish the job properly.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Any help from Nokia to our problems

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

today phone was ok,for 1h,then start freezeing again.i check my disc space,ram,and all apps...

everythink looks ok,so it must be SW(belle) problem

i post another topic:

/t5/Software-Updates/nokia-n8-freezes-after-updating-to-belle-help/m-p/1315807

and try what vilu85 said,but its still the same...

i might go to nokia care also,but why???

if belle was ready for us.someone should  tested it.

as i said im with 3UK.

What is your operator.(all,with the same problem) please post it??????

mayby,they did't test it for us....

cheers for help

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

my other problem after update is internet data usage.im on monthly plan(1gb per month)

on anna,all my widgets was online,2 emails was on,facebook all the time on+whatsapp and opera 11,and i was using up to 30mb per day...

on belle,i cant switch widgets offline?????

i was trying to use the same setting as on anna(as above)but my daily usege is now up to 250-300mb a day!!!!!!

what in the new SW using so much data????

since 14th i use over 1 gb....

dont unerstand it at all..

please help

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

[ Edited ]

No more tags in the gallery is killing me as well. After update things should be better, no point in removing ones that already were good.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

Same here. Cannot connect it to my stereos via Audio AUX. New widget for playing music is ugly. Also, it might be a good idea to once listen to users and have support for FLAC files as well as Folder Browsing, please. It's getting harder and harder to stick with Symbian (2016 RIP) and Nokia these days.
Please use plain text.
bariyaboy

i am satisfied with the belle update but my gallery not showing videos already stored on my phone only showing captured videos from phone please tell me about this
Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

Some videos/photos are saved on different disk than before, hence all this hassle. Check your camera settings and where files are saved. I played a bit with this and now I have photos and videos as before, in Gallery.

Please use plain text.