Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: It is February and no Belle yet.

Sage
mustan111
Accepted Solution

It is February and no Belle yet.

[ Edited ]

Nokia SHOULD let us know now, the exact date they plan to give us this update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

They may not know exactly when themselves yet. Just be patient, it will be ready when it's ready.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

mustan111 wrote:

Nokia SHOULD let us know now, the exact date they plan to give us this update.

Nokia have always stated that they dont give advance notice of when something will be available. Whilst it is feb. no one had specified a date, except for a couple of miss prints.

Nokia will release it as soon as the carriers allow it to be released ( this includes non-branded phones). Nokia have no control over mobile carriers at all. Which is why they do not give a particular date or schedule for releases.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

i am not a nokia employee, nokia is not paying me or anything,

upper case on SHOULD is not in proper context. nokia is not a small company. there are various divisions/ departments/ sections... etc. the R&D (or whatever it is called) will release a prototype that is validated by developer teams (or whatever it is called) who will approve the release into the wild.and customer service / PR (or whatever it is called) will inform the public.

where upper case is justified: nokia SHOULD test BEFORE releasing updates and not after. why then we are having updates after updates, that are incremental? i am talking specifically about symbi ^3 here.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

there are 29 days in febuary

Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

DeadmanN8 wrote:

Wish it was a leap year :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

[ Edited ]

mustan111 wrote:

DeadmanN8 wrote:

Wish it was a leap year :smileyhappy:

Wish Granted

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

i update my Anna by my mobile software update option . Now what about belle. Is this update also can be done by mobile over the air ?
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

think belle is pc update only
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

yes belle should be available OTA, however OTA is usually slightly delayed compared to via pc (however that may not always be the case).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

are you sure . I have no pc. Just use n 8 as pc. Please make me clear
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

ikramcu10 wrote:
are you sure . I have no pc. Just use n 8 as pc. Please make me clear

It has in the past been a decision specified by carriers as well as nokia as to whether or not the an update is available by Nokia suite or OTA or both

IMOO i could not see any reason why it should not be available as either option for belle. regardless of whether or not it might require a backup or not. As a backup could be done on any pc before an OTA update. Having said that I dont work for nokia and I dont set the overall requirements for these updates. But it certainly doesnt seem logical that it would be limited to a suite update only. Especially when you consider that one of the big things for nokia over the past  many years is that they did offer OTA when not many mobile phones had the capabilities.

So I guess we will have to see what happens when finally released. There also could be the reason that nokia may have found that less people had install issues when installed anna by using the nokia suite as opposed to OTA.

So with any luck it wont be much longer and we will all know for sure. Until then its not much point worrying about it, as it really wont make a difference to any of us until that time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

It's still February...... A little more patience. Besides, four weeks down the line after Belle, the community will be on Nokia's throats for the next major update......

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

if Nokia cant produce ota Update then many people cant get it. And what will make a bab effect on Nokia. Actually there it some website says it happen ota also and many website says not . So actually what is the right ans?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

If one really can't update via PC, then the best option is a Nokia Care isn't it?

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

ok actually what is the process and requirement to update with pc . Think i NEVER UPDATE AMY SOFTWAR WITH PC . But change operating system of pc many time. I can use a modem as internet source. Now tell me what will i do. And actually where i can get pure ans about the update.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Nokia should not provide the updation via PC alone because most of the users are facing problems when they try to update the firmware using the PC.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

i am confused
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vidyutx

Problem is, for many people phone modem is only available option of internet and it gets complicated to do shive update.
Please use plain text.