Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: It is February and no Belle yet.

Counsellor
vidyutx

Problem is, for many people phone modem is only available option of internet and it gets complicated to do suite update.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

ikramcu10 wrote:
Actually there it some website says it happen ota also and many website says not . So actually what is the right ans?

I have just posted a direct link to a message from an offical Nokia channel.

What is still confusing you and anybody else reading this thread ?

The update is too big to be repackaged in a form suitable for OTA transmission. In fact, technically speaking it is more of a completely new OS rather than just an update of the existing one. Moaning about it here will not change anything - if it's technically impossible, it cannot be done, regardless of the amount of complaining.

I find it difficult to understand how people owning a smartphone costing more than a decent laptop cannot update via PC, but there are probably such cases although I cannot see how they can be that many.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

it is not impossible. I am reading physics and i know well about operating system. The problem is it will be costly for then this is the reason they are avoiding it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

ok time will say every thing . But Nokia on face book say this
m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10150509218177397&id=36922302396&refid=7&_rdr
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

Nokia I believe you will be able to. Otherwise, you can go to your local Nokia Care centre and we will do it for you :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
CharlieDee

Mods need starting to delete most these silly Threads! Too man on one little Topic...!!!
I just Do, Because, I Can!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi all,

Though we do not have a specific release date for Belle, it will be coming soon. As soon as it will be available for your phone, it will show in Nokia Suite. The update will be available as soon as possible, though it depends on your region when it's available for your particular phone. 

The update's coming, but please check Nokia Suite rather than posting the same thing on this thread. Nokia Suite will show as soon as it's available, and posting won't make the update available sooner.

Thanks for your understanding in this!

Sincerely,

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

[ Edited ]

thanks for your response Iris9290,

you say that nokia suite will tell us as soon as the update is available... Does this mean the way nokia suite works has changed?

I was under the impression that nokia suite would only query the server once in 24hrs meaning if i check earlier in the day its released before it was made available then i would not see the update for at least 24hrs.

Also can you clarify if this update needs carrier approval? I imagine not if the devices receiving the update have begun shipping new with belle installed

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi,

We are unable to specify what the exact date of the release is as it indeed depends on the carrier when the update is made available. As soon as it does become available, however, it will show in Nokia Suite.

It might be that when you check the server just before the update is released that you won't be able to see it come up until the next day. In any case, Nokia Suite is the only way to update to Belle, so as soon as the update for your region and carrier is made available it will pop up as an available update in Nokia Suite.

Regards,

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

how i will update n 8 with Nokia suite. I will use other internet connection or just use the connection from the phone that will be updated. Please just tell me the procedure to updating via Nokia suite .( the source of net connection ,from the same phone that will be updated or other source )
Please use plain text.
Contributor

it should be a net connection not through your phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

keep tracking sites like dailymobile or gsmrena . they are going to be the first one to tell when the update releases.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

you just need a net connection and nokia suite. nokia suite will tell you about the update
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Belle will only be available via pc because in this update .the whole core (files in your ROM) has been updated from the scratch, to update the files on your ROM  you will need a pc.
ps - please make sure that the connection dont break while the update. it can screw up your phones hardware(rom) and you will need to see nokia care soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
g_code

Nokia has apparently confirmed a February 8 2012 release date for Nokia Belle, the software update to Symbian on the Nokia N8, E7, X7, E6 and C6-01, though the announcement was seemingly premature. A news page regarding Belle was posted by Nokia Vietnam but subsequently yanked

Please use plain text.
Sage

g_code wrote:

Nokia has apparently confirmed a February 8 2012 release date for Nokia Belle, the software update to Symbian on the Nokia N8, E7, X7, E6 and C6-01, though the announcement was seemingly premature. A news page regarding Belle was posted by Nokia Vietnam but subsequently yanked

Which means it has *not* been confirmed. Stop spreading rumours.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
g_code

Stop being such a jerk.
Im just confirming that there is no date yet.
Nokia does not give out release dates
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Well there you go Guys..Belle is subject to carrier approval, as per usual. Which mean it could be months before many of you get the update and some of you wont get it at all. I say this because there are some in OZ who never got PR1.2 update and quite a few never got Anna, so I dont expect Belle to be any different..
Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

And the earth will keep going round.
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

In the N8 Software update (0599432, Vodacom/Vodafone, South Africa), it has:

N8-00 Device software
Use your PC to update

Info details say it's version 025.007.

Flip, time for a new pc, I haven't been able to install the N8 suite on my 2003 machine, but if Belle is in fact James Bond, might really be worth it, I know Anna was. :smileywink:
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.