Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: JAVA CERTIFICATE RECOVERING

Contributor

JAVA CERTIFICATE RECOVERING

Plz, I need someones help, I mistakenly deleted my Java certificate and I'm now in need of them. Would i still recover them after updating my Nokia 5300 firmware.
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

What type of Java certificate? Is it third party's application or games certificate? Give full detail.
If you like my post then give me "Kudos" star...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Certificates for apps are normally included in the installation package that you execute when installing in the first instance. You cannot restore apps from a backup, which I am guessing is what has happened here, they need to be reinstalled from the original installation file.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It's the third party java certificate stored inside the authority certificate in the phone security settings. They are deleted and i need them for the signing of java applications. Can I still recover them after software upgrade?
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

You can't recover or restore those certificates before or after firmware upgrade. Best way is, uninstall those Java application from your mobile and reinstall it in your mobile. Only fresh installation can fix this issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've tried downloading new java, but my phone is giving me NO VALID CERTIFICATE. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

If the message appear that INVALID CERTIFICATE then you are using old version of that application or game. Download the latest version and install it in your mobile. It will not give you this message.
Please use plain text.
oboso

please where can i download this latest version and install on my mobile
Please use plain text.