Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Latest firmware for 5130 XM

Advisor

Latest firmware for 5130 XM

I looked for new firmware for my Nokia 5130 XM hoping to find one with active standby, but when I wrote down my current firmware version (v. 06.94) and mobile code, looked in to Nokia homepage, the said, that the latest firmware is v 06.65. How is that possible, to have newer version of firmware than Nokia themselves?

I know, that a lot of depends of region, but I bought this phone last December in one of the best mobile phone store in Latvia. So, I am quite certain, that this mobile was meant for Latvia as far as it`s firmware. When I tried to upgrade, Software updater said, that you already have latest firmware. Is there something, that I should know?

P.S. I really don`t understand, why this phone don`t have active standby, as far as I know, most of s40v5 phones are equipped with this option. I am not asking for Nokia Maps s40 (actually it would be nice to include this application also), but at least, in the next firmware, would it be possible to include active standby?

Thanks for advice! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

Re: Latest firmware for 5130 XM

Hi please wait march 2010, version 8 above is in work , that includes lots of new features for nokia 5130 xm . Above 8 means that may be 8.20 or 8.30 etc . Take care

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks a lot! A lot of people will be very very happy to hear this! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Waqas17

i'd updated the firmwire to v07.91.. plz tell me whats new is in this firmwire bcoz i dnt  see any new thing in this firmwire........ similar to old firmwire i guess:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kenice

I thought that 8.xx would be released end of February?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

Re: Latest firmware for 5130 XMs

Hi dear ............Update will be release in Feb.. Or march.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RebelRacing

I have version 06.68 should I up date to what they have now or wait on the latest up date to come out?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Generally, it's better to run the latest firmware. And, updating the firmware is not a big deal considering the fact that you have to be a bit careful with the PC and your phone's battery before you start updating. Therefore, it's good to check for updates and update the firmware when something new is available.

Nokia doesn't announce when a new update will be available unless it's some flagship model, therefore do not go behind speculations.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ghanim_dj

i just updated my Nokia 5130 XM Firmware to v 07.91

1- I can't find any chane

2- the security code changed and i can't change it now ... i tried the default security code and it can't run

can anyone help ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lucero

Hello,

About the security code, try entering a blank security code, meaning when you enter your phones security code, leave it blank then enter.

I don't know if this will apply in your phone too but after I updated the firmware to 7.91 this was happened to me. It change my security code and can't change.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yesterday i updated my firmware version to 7.91, and i find some changes:

1. It`s a bit faster,

2. There is no Screensaver option in Settings menu, so you can`t cange it,

3. Music library updates at least 2 times faster, maybe even 3 times,

4. When you try to open not highlightet option (for example: restore backup, operator logo), it shows a message, that you can`t do that, previously it didn`t said anything, so it`s better,

Those are quite good news, except about the screensaver, but there is one major problem, so i would love to get my previous firmware (v.6.94) back:

It now takes much longer time to open or switch song in music player. If previously it was almost instantly, than now it takes at least 4-5 sec just to switch songs, an the title of the song appears even later, 2 sec after song starts to play. And when switching songs, there is unpleasent sound betweeon those songs, like old cd players, when switching songs, some kind of crack sound.

It chenges songs so slowly, when i hold my phone in the pocket, and than change a song, now i can`t be sure, did i change it, ur just pause it. C`mon: 5 seconds????

So, please, reply me: am i the only one with that annoying music player problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yesterday I brought my phone to nearest Nokia Care center, with additional problem with new firmware (v7.91), they updated it to v7.95 (realest February 3rd, 2010).

Still there is no Active stand-by, there is no screensaver or power saving option as well, but at least everything works almost fine (except Music player still isn`t as fast as it was with v9.94, but it`s not so lag full as it was with v7.91).

And option Downloads is now replaced with OVI Store.

So, please, Nokia, if you can`t make v8.xx sooner, then at least give us back v6.94, it was the most stable version of all.

Please use plain text.
Berry_Jenson

iRe: Latest firmware for 5130 XM

I recently updated my phone to the new version 7.91 and it is terrible. I have lost the screen saver option. My phone is responding slower. Usually an update should enhance the feature but this update has de-enhanced the features. Its too bad. When will the next update be released for Nokia 5130 or can I rollback to the previous version

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kkarthik85

When can we expect the version of 8.20 be released for 5130 xpress music.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

When can we expect the version of 8.20 be released for 5130 xpress music.

Ask Nokia this is a users forum so we dont know .

jje

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aav86

[ Edited ]

@Robuuc:

I have the same issue with the lagging when changing tracks it's beyond annoying, hopefully whenever the next updates out it rectifies this problem.

Please use plain text.
demonin

i really notice that this 7.95 firmware is that

--->the MUSIC PLAYER took seconds before playing the next track, although updating MUSIC LIBRARY is faster but the playback is slow..

--->no Screen Saver Options...

--->phone lags...T__T

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Actually it`s so annoying, that, if the Nokia won`t release new firmware in one week i will buy new phone, because, i can`t take this no more. I have been patient too long, 5 months, but that ie enough!

How is that even possible, that my other Nokia (E50 - one of the slowest phone in the Symbian world) beats the **bleep** out of the mighty XpressMusic by switching songs??

NOKIA, C`MON!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alek_chin

Robuuc wrote:

Yesterday i updated my firmware version to 7.91, and i find some changes:

1. It`s a bit faster,

2. There is no Screensaver option in Settings menu, so you can`t cange it,

3. Music library updates at least 2 times faster, maybe even 3 times,

4. When you try to open not highlightet option (for example: restore backup, operator logo), it shows a message, that you can`t do that, previously it didn`t said anything, so it`s better,

Those are quite good news, except about the screensaver, but there is one major problem, so i would love to get my previous firmware (v.6.94) back:

It now takes much longer time to open or switch song in music player. If previously it was almost instantly, than now it takes at least 4-5 sec just to switch songs, an the title of the song appears even later, 2 sec after song starts to play. And when switching songs, there is unpleasent sound betweeon those songs, like old cd players, when switching songs, some kind of crack sound.

It chenges songs so slowly, when i hold my phone in the pocket, and than change a song, now i can`t be sure, did i change it, ur just pause it. C`mon: 5 seconds????

So, please, reply me: am i the only one with that annoying music player problem.

hey same situation here, the new version is suck  ess, can I downgrade it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cixum21

After reading about this topic, we have the same problem as a Nokia XM 5130 phone users.

the 7.96 firmware update sucks. the old software was better to use than the new update. While music player is active it takes longer to select new songs and while using music player and receives a text message it takes longer time to resume the music. after that the music sounds turns low. Although i notice my phone was faster but its too annoying that your screensaver doesnt work anymore. <sigh> I hope nokia will release a new and better firmware for XM 5130. or if not try giving back the old firmware.

Please use plain text.