Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: List of 5310 XpressMusic Known Bugs

Advisor

List of 5310 XpressMusic Known Bugs

Please add your own experiences, including how to replicate the issue and whether you found a workaround; perhaps this will be of help to us 5310 early adopters.

Bugs (as of version 3.60):

1. Random reboots while playing music. Seems to be a common one, some people have mentioned playing lower bitrate songs solves the issue. Here's a good thread on this: 5310 : 2 problems

2. Dead volume keys. Haven't personally experienced it but its documented in the mentioned thread above.

3. Random reboots while using camera with high resolution settings. I tried lowering the resolution, didn't seem to help. It usually happens while the camera is saving a picture after taking it; the phone screen goes white, the interface restarts, and the stored image is corrupt and not viewable.

If you look at this and the music player problem from a coding perspective, it looks like a memory leak; I'm guessing S40 handles it by simply restarting the UI, but I know nothing about the inner workings of S40 so take it + a grain of salt.

4. Random reboots when using enhancements. The phone has done this on a few of occasions, what seems to trigger it is connecting/disconnecting enhancements while on a call. This includes the included stereo headset, and a BH-800 bluetooth headset.

5. Intermittent bluetooth connection. Sometimes the phone just decides to drop the connection to my BH-800 headset. It happened to me while on a call; nothing was audible on neither the headset nor the phone, it took a few seconds after manually switching off the headset for audio to resume on the phone's ear piece.

If I try to reconnect to the accessory through the bluetooth menu, the phone gives an error saying it can't; the only fix is to power-cycle the phone.

6. Network name is not always shown on the top left; I tried everything, but eventually it started appearing when I added an email account with auto-checking and the little '@' symbol appeared on the top. Go figure.

7. Low ringtone/alert tone volume, even on the highest setting.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

8. Bad performance when taking photos with the camera. Lowering quality/resolution does not improve performance.

The camera takes around 20 or more seconds after taking the snapshot to write the file to memory. Also while shooting, the display lag is so bad that you are rarely able to take the snapshot at the time you intended to.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

- Cracks during mp3 playback when using third party headphones. Very annoying.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

10. "Operation Failed. Try Again" when trying to enter Menu -> Messaging -> Message Settings -> E-mail Messages -> Edit Mailboxes. Only fix is to power-cycle the phone; I don't know what triggers this.

11. Incorrect timestamp on email messages I send from my phone, its off by a day and several hours.

12. The "Notifications" content option in Active Standby shows unread messages, missed calls ...etc but doesn't show unread emails. Maybe not a bug, just a missing feature?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

One more to the list...

13. The phone goes blank after a few minutes of talking...

I have experienced the dead volume keys.
the only solution is to restart the phone...sometimes that too wont work.

Nokia 5310
V3.60
Please use plain text.

Randomly reboots when using menu. Sim card registration failed. Video does not work correctly. etc etc. v3.60 and NO updates for 0547032!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The dead volume keys bug happened to me once, I think it was afte playing music for a whiel, I unlocked the keypad and went to the player to change an album. Volume keys stayed dead. However I've been using this phone for about two months now, that's the only bug I've run into and it only happened once. Lucky me.

The slow write times of the camera..yeah, it does take ages after taking a shot. I'm thinking this could be caused by a slow microSD card, couldn't it? It's also taking ages to transfer songs on to the microSD..like 5 minutes an album. I'm using the USB cable and Windows Explorer. Guess it's the card.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i hav turned on the security keyguard and sometimes when i try to open the key guard then the keypad act like dead.there is no effect on screen n only u hav to pull out the battery.but the big problem i faced when i reset the phone by clicking on "Reset All" option.the set restarted n then key pad is not working its totally dead.i m trying it to b open but its not less than hell i m trying it from a week or more.a real flop n junk model.i hav waisted my money by buying the peace of junk
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I recently got the 5310 with software ver 03.60 and after about 80 texts, the phone now sends duplicate texts. ie I send "hello" to someone, they get it between 2 and 6 times and the phone stores the text as sent just once.

Have updated to ver 03.63 but not fixed the issue.

Any ideas?

Ta
Please use plain text.

- Upgraded to firmware 5.81. When using headset, phone calls would drop after about 20 seconds. Removed headset and had no problem. Had to shut down, remove battery, replace and power-up to fix this issue.
- Still have problem with distortion on primary earpiece (speaker) but this could be specific to my phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, i have the 5310 since december 2007 the firmware version is 03.60 and the only problem i had is the occasional reboot of the phone(more or less twice a month to be precise) and i use it evry day to listen to music during more than one hour. Does someone who updated to last version (5.81) can tell me if it worth updating or if it might create new problems? thanks for your answers
Please use plain text.

My problem with my 5310 is Sim card registration failed. And that is very frequently....
That my only problem for now...
model:5310
version: 3.81
Please use plain text.

sorry,,,the firmware is 5.81
Please use plain text.

Hi, I'm from India.. I'm facing with a different Problem in my n5310Xm.. Before a Week My phone Restarted as usual when I played music.. But I was shocked to see that All the Pre-Defined Non-erasable Datas such as Nokia's Wallpapers, Music Profile settings, GPRS settings everything got deleted.. Even now I don't know the reason why It got deleted.. Afterthat I am not able to play Games which is there in My Memory Card.. (It says "No Supporting file found) But by Grace there is no problem with playing audio and video files and FM. Can anyone suggest me... I'm using Software of v3.60 RM303.. Awaiting for Reply.. Thnx in Advance
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I ALSO ALSO FACING THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM. WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO CLEAR THE PROBLEM. FREQUENTLY MY NOKIA 5310 SHOWING MESSAGE "SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED". I HAVE TO RE-START MY PHONE AND THEN IT WILL BE OKAY. AGAIN THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS. COULD YOU PLEASE SUGGEST EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT ACTION TO BE TAKEN TO CLEAR THIS TYPE MESSAGE.....PRASAD
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Using with Apple Hifi and bluetooth Ns-bt300f Bluetooth adapter to ipod connector. Connects and recognises bluetooth device as external headphones, when I select play through bluetooth it plays 1 track then disconnects. If I have a playlist , again it plays 1 track then disconnects. If I use buttons on side of display to change track it disconnects, and plays through internal phone speaker instead. Is this a firmware issue or a problem with the bluetooth compatibility with the NS-BT300F Bluetooth Adapter, which is connected to the Apple Hifi.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

1 more bug...
Sometimes when there is a new message or a missed call .. the same is not shown on the display--For messages the new message icon does appear on the upper part of the display, but its impossible to know that there was a missed call! The mobile needs to be restarted to have this working again.

The time of the incoming messages are incorrectly shown.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

While setting the alarm, it is possible to select Hours and minutes...but its not possible to change the'AM /PM' the same we. We need to do that thru 'Options' . This is very annoying!!
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

I'm an owner of this model, and today I have experienced the worst bug I've ever seen on my phone:

When I turned it on in the morning, it crashed and restarted, 3 times! and then it powered of.

Everytime I try to turn it on, the same happens.

WHAT COULD I DO?

V. 7.6x

Moderator note: Personal contact details removed

Message Edited by dazz19 on 08-Jun-2009 10:47 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neverwinter

all bugs are fix at firmware ver 10.10..

update your phones...

My Phones
Nokia 3210,3310,8250,2610
Nokia (ExpressMusic) 3250,5310
Nokia (Nseries) N70 N73

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/holodeck3/untitled-3.jpg[/IMG]
Please use plain text.