Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lock code problem with last firmware of 5800 (v20....

Contributor
elhardudi
Accepted Solution

Lock code problem with last firmware of 5800 (v20.0.012)

[ Edited ]

hi everybody

what is the new lock code or the solution for this problem?

Message Edited by elhardudi on 10-Feb-2009 12:17 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lock code problem with last firmware of 5800 (v20.0.012)

Unfortunately the only known solution at the moment is to take your phone to a nokia care point.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.
Sage

For those with lock code issues, you can now force a full reset with the few keys you do have. This feature was not available on earlier SW.

Press and hold GREEN + RED + CAMERA when powering up. Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
elhardudi

thanks a lot 

hard reset has solved the problem and the code has return to its original "12345"

Please use plain text.

For those with lock code issues, you can now force a full reset with the few keys you do have. This feature was not available on earlier SW.

Press and hold GREEN + RED + CAMERA when powering up. Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept pressing the Green, Red and Camera for more than a minute.. but nothing happened.

Can u please explain the process more clearly .. if anything i misunderstood ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

You need to switch off/power down/shut down/turn off you phone. So, the phone is off.

Now you press green, red and camera keys - and whilst holding these keys, you press power to turn on the phone.

You might need an additional pair of hands, but it should work nevertheless :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

thnx it worked :smileyhappy:

but still the lock code is not "12345", because when i m tried to change it, its showing error.

also i m not able to make any calls.. error msg is coming "Emergency calls only" .. any solution for it ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chris1965

Regarding this LOCK CODE problem, someone stated this will only appear when firmware v20 is installed OTA (Over the Air) but it will not happen when updating with the Nokia Software Updater via USB-cable.

Can you reconfirm this please.

I am just reading of this problem in several discussions now but unfortunately it does not become clear if this is bug is happening randomly (as some people seem not to have any such problem), or just depending on the way to update (OTA/NSU).

Thanks!

Please use plain text.

Yes i updated the firmware with OTA and got the lock code problem.. and i knew few others too who updated with OTA and got exactly the same problem.

When approached to Nokia care.. they blamed all fault to me that i have forgotten the lock code.. and they asked for extra service charge and one week time for unlocking it. I have used several Nokia phones in last 6-7 years and everytime i purchase new cell i change default code to one of my fav number which i can't forget. I was so much dissapointed to see the Tech skills of Nokia care guys.. and i didnt handover phone to them.

Anyway.. finally i unlocked it myself using JAF.. now lock code has been resest to 12345 and no problems persists.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I would really appreciate if you tell us all how to reset the lock code using that software. Please let me know the version of the software used.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the exact same problem. The phone lock code on my Nokia 5800 isn't the default 12345, and I have never changed it. But I did update the firmware. Can you please explain how you got it unlocked without sending it to a Service center? I contacted Nokia Support and they just said that the code is 12345, no support there
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just recently upgraded my phone to v21 from v20 and the lock code's back again to digits! the problem is I can't change my lock code now because my old lock code was alphabets! Any help??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I recently upgraded to v21, which did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The default lock code after upgrading the software to v20.0.012 is - 2345 (they characrers will appear as alphabets - adgj - it is correct)

Please confirm if it helps.

Regards,

Zulfiquar

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Zeddy many thanks for your response.

I tried most of these (also found on other sites), nothing worked except:

I backed up my phone which was upgraded to V21)

Made a full reset (green+red+camera+on/off). 

Restored the phone from my backup file and now the lock code works again.

Shame on Nokia for all these huzzle!

However it works fine now.

Regards

FS (still nokia fantast)

Please use plain text.

I've recently managed to upgrade the firmware to v21, but strangely, although both my wife and I are on O2 Pay As you Go, her sim works fine, but when I put mine in the phone it asks me for the Lock Code. Now I've tried 12345, 2345 and the hard reset option (Red,Green,Camera, On/Off,) but no joy! I'm assuming that this only worls for v20 firmware??

Any ideas??

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Karlos,

It should work with 12345 once you hard reset the mobile. It worked for me with v21 and green red camera on/off button.

Try again!

Please use plain text.

Hey guys,

It seems like lots of people got this problem after we updated our phone, and NOKIA can't do anything about this... Therefore, can we file a law suit against NOKIA... 'cause i'm really MAD.... and you all know we paid a fortune for this piece a **bleep** 5800.... any1 on board? ....

Please use plain text.
Contributor

This seems to be a keyboard default mode issue in both revisions of firmware. Can I suggest people visit the following URL for a solution.

http://www.walkernews.net/2009/05/15/nokia-5800-lock-code-problem-after-upgrade-firmware-to-v210025/

Cheers

John Court

Please use plain text.