Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 1020 Update to Cyan not available

Contributor
roadrunner7903

Lumia 1020 Update to Cyan not available

Hi all,

i bought a US version of the Lumia 1020 (Amber) over here in China,thats where I live. Regarding the Nokia homepage and Nokia HongKong (checked my IMEI) the Cyan update should be available for my device. But its not.

There is no notification in the settings that i can get the update. I tryed almost everything i can think of, even the local Nokia shop has no idea.

They told me they dont mess with a US version.

So is there anyone who can help. Is the update to cyan realy available right now or is it not?

If someone need further infos feel free to ask.

Thanks, Alex

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roadrunner7903

Hi,

forgot to mention that there is a china unicom sim in the phone.

Thanks, Alex
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

It is irrelevant what SIM card is in the phone or where you are located. The availability of the update is regulated by your handset version, defined precisely by a 7-symbol product code starting with 05. You can find it on the box label or on the SIM card holder. You can also see it in the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, which would be the tool I would suggest you try to get the update with. Please read all the instructions carefully and note that it will perform a complete clean install of firmware on your handset, so you must do a backup before you start. Please let us know what that code is in your case in order to help with further troubleshooting if necessary.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roadrunner7903

Hi,

the recovery tool tells me.. software package not available for this phone. Package download for the selected phone failed.

The code is 059S9T1

Thanks for the help
Alex
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK

You should get it soon OTA, give it another couple of days.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roadrunner7903

If I check extras&info it tells me that its a RM875_eu_euro2_242.
That does not matter, right?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

I would ask my dealer, because the hardware is RM-877 but the software is RM-875. To say it short, that is neither good nor intended. If the software is altered, one should stay with the ‘type’ of the hardware, here RM-877.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roadrunner7903

So should i just tell him to change the SW to RM-877 or is a software change not that easy?

sorry for alk the questions, but i have no idea whaz they will do to the phone. Can i change the SW by myself via download and usb connection to a pc?

Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

The (official) answer (as per the rules of this discussion board) is to give it back to your dealer who should send it over to a Nokia Care Centre. Nokia Support then inspects your current software situation and considers a repairement. Somebody made chaos to your phone’s software and he is going to pay for it.

Please use plain text.