Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 620 sw update

Advisor
TaSac

Lumia 620 sw update

I want to ask can lumia 620 update to windows 8.5 and 9 when they will be launch?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 620 sw update

hi mate,

we don't discuss rumours or speculation here on these forums. as the 620 has just been released, you can be confident that it will receive at least 18 months support in the form of firmware and app updates.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Hello, I don't know about the 8.5 or 9 but there are updates coming over for Lumia 920, 820 and 620

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Blogs/Community/2013/03/14/updates-for-lumia-920-lumia-820-and-lumia-...

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Microsoft has stated that all current WP8 hardware will be able to update to the next major OS version. This will mean that, with Microsoft usually updating Windows Phone around November (they have for 7.5 and 8) you'll be good until at least around May 2015 by which time most people will have upgraded their current phone anyway.

The updates mentioned in the previous post are Nokia Firmware only and are installed on new phones shipping now. The update will be available as an OTA update to existing phones at a yet undisclosed moment.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.