Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 7.8 Update

Contributor
Phoenix_

Lumia 7.8 Update

Im having a problem updating my Lumia 710 . it says its upto date anyone else face this problem and anyone with a solution ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frozenwhite

Hi! I have same problem...
We must wait and wait and wait...
Greetings from Croatia!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
galley8181

hi all pleaase help me i had recieved a update notification on my lumia 710 then i pluged it into my laptop to update the phone to 7.8 then it had done everything it ment to after 3 hours then i dicanectected it like it said i can then it still hasent updated the phone its still 8733 12121 firnwere i had used my wifi as always have done and still not sure why it hasentt updated my phone please help me thank u
petergalley
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
theanils

Same problem here....if anybody finds solution plz share.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mr_khan

Same here. Bros. What we have to do? Confused?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phoenix_

I donno bout other countries but in India we have some live chat help option which I clicked to try to find the reason why even though we all got mails saying WP 7.8 is released n all but Zune just has made up its mind that our phones are upto date ...... N the dude says that Zune hasn't got the software update yet . You can go and get ur 710 upgraded at any Nokia Store but U will lose ur data ... I asked him when is it coming on Zune ... He said soon .... N that's all I could get ..... WTH Nokia ? O.o ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phoenix_

But lets keep our fingers crossed n hope our 710's get thier update soon .... And if anyone does get an update pls do post here bout it . After all we R all in this wait together :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phoenix_

Hey fellow lumiaites :smileyvery-happy: I got the 7.8 Update :smileyvery-happy: and though only cosmetic changes and the major change being Bluetooth file transfer its pretty awesome :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy: but to do it its a bit of a process .... But this does work .... Credits someone in another 7.8 discussion .... and this really works :smileyhappy: .... Anyway So here's how you do it
1) Turn off data on your phone ( 3G and WIFI)

2) Connect the Phone to the PC via USB cable (it doesn't matter if the phone is with or without SIM Card)

3) Zune loads up automaticaly or if not just open it

4) Open also the Network Connections icon and look for your active internet connection on the PC - LAN connection or WIFI connection.

5) In Zune, select Update. It will begin searching the server for an update

6) On the third second, hit "Disable" for the LAN or WIFI connection of your PC.

7) You will see the message “An update is available” on both the Zune and phone.

If you get the message "Your phone is up to date" you weren't quick enough. If you get an error message with a code that "Zune can't connect right now try later" it's because you were to quick ....

I usually got the desired update message on the 2nd-3rd try ...

8) Enable your network and Click Ok to update the phone.

Be aware You might need to do the trick three times to get the WP 7.8 on your phone - I had to pull for my phone 3 updates and only the third one did the change to 7.8, previous 2 being some fixes with no other visual change: First Update 7.10.8779.8 -> Second Update : 7.10.8783.12 -> Third Update 7.10.8858.136
Please use plain text.