Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 710 No 7.8 update

IHateNoka

Lumia 710 No 7.8 update

[ Edited ]

In the nokia website"

Nokia Lumia 710 latest software 1600.3036.885x.124x0

My phone's software: 1600.3031.8773.12121

No update notice received. Connecting to zune check for update:

Your phone has latest software.

Nokia published that their is update is actually treat their customer.

Moderator's notes: The post was edited. A more appropriate subject is provided.

Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

Nokia has produced the WP 7.8 update for Lumia 710s. That is, provide the functionality required by Lumia 710s to the MS 7.8 update. It is then the responsibility/option of the provider that supports your phone to allow it's release. It is not the provider(carrier) that sends the update, but they authorize MS to push it. Authorization is done by whatever carrier 'branded' the phone. Doesn't matter if the T-Mobile based phone has been unlocked, and is working on AT&T, it is still considered a T-Mobile device. 

Don't know where you are, but It seems pretty clear that T-Mobile in the US has opted not to OK the 7.8 release. So that's it. Not much can be done but complain to T-Mobile, not Nokia or MS, in that case.  (Beyond digging up an unofficial update file and updating your phone in a non-standard manner, with all the associated caveats to that. Wouldn't do that myself, so can't point you at resources, as I haven't looked for them. I hear things though)

Please use plain text.
IHateNoka

Hong Kong. The phone is unlocked.
Had send email to support. Support replied that upgrading is in progress and told me to turn notification on.

Its not reasonable. For the new firmware had appeared in nokia website more than one month.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

IHateNoka wrote:
Its not reasonable. For the new firmware had appeared in nokia website more than one month.

Not really. As per THIS update restarted only on 14/03.

Please use plain text.