Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 update

Contributor
GauravM
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 update

Hi
I am using lumia 800 with Airtel as service provider in Delhi, India. Update on my phone and Zune on PC says "no update available" where as nokia site and one of the text from nokia says software update is available.
Can u please help me in installing latest software.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lumia 800 update

The update is rolled out in staggered manner.. so you need to wait and keep on checking..Should not be far off ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ironmann

i have two lumia 800. one 6 month old one bran new but has been in a box for 6 month. my second phone does`nt update. dosent even show that thier any uypdat

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

That's perfectly normal. Rollout of updates is based on IMEI and network/operator approval. You can buy two handsets on the same day from the same place and they can still get the update weeks apart.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hacin

can you help me to update my phone? my sister got her update even we have the same phone ,but my phone does not have any update. i used to connect my phone after every 24 hours in my pc but there is no update found. your response will be a good help. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The post by 93tid above explains your situation. You can't do anything other than wait and keep on checking ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GauravM

In the cases where the update is still awaited and the exact reason is not known whether it is due to IMEI or the network service provider, Does nokia care centres can load the latest software specially in Delhi, India?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may contact the Nokia Care directly and provide the details they want to get a definite reply ..

Please use plain text.
hellslyne

Hi 93tid, thanks for clearing that up.

But, I thought windows would be little fragmented when they started off. Now, we have 7.8, 7.5 and 8 in the same environment making me wonder how it would turn out further down....

Can anyone explain how IMEI affects the update? or how operator affects it on an unlocked phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Updates are released in batches, so the IMEI will define in which batch will be included the update for your handset specifically.

Even unlocked phones need a network to be used, therefore they need approval by the networks operating in the market for which the handset was intended to ensure compatibility.

Please use plain text.