Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Microsoft Office Mobile apps for Nokia Belle p...

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Microsoft Office Mobile apps for Nokia Belle phones

Hi all,

In February this year, we announced that OneNote, Lync 2010, Document Connection and PowerPoint Broadcast were available for Symbian. Now, Word Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile and Excel Mobile are the latest applications to join the suite of Microsoft Office Mobile apps built especially for the latest Symbian smartphones and are starting to roll out as a software update for Nokia 701, Nokia 700, Nokia 603, Nokia E7, Nokia X7, Nokia C7, Nokia Oro, and Nokia C6-01.

If you have a Nokia N8, Nokia E6 or Nokia 500, we will announce availability for these smartphones later. The Nokia 808 PureView will also come with all these cool apps when it begins selling. (pS: Only phones that are selling with Nokia Belle or can be updated to Nokia Belle software will be able to get Microsoft Apps.)

For more information on Mobile Office apps, check out the Nokia for Business site and Nokia Conversations.

You can get Microsoft Office Mobile apps by using the Nokia Software Update tool on your phone, or connecting your phone to Nokia Suite on your PC. Office Mobile apps will also be available from the Nokia Store in just a few weeks.

Best regards,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Re: Microsoft Office Mobile apps for Nokia Belle phones

Wow, Awesome. Thanks Yvonne

Just one question, it was reported here that the Microsoft Apps were going to be made available Later for 500, E6 and N8, we haven't received as yet, it is still being mentioned that the Office Mobile has been excluded, for now, from these devices. Will the users of these 3 phones get the MS Apps AND Mobile Office  once or are they going to get these separately?

Thanks,

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Vaidovesta wrote:

Just one question, it was reported here that the Microsoft Apps were going to be made available Later for 500, E6 and N8, we haven't received as yet, it is still being mentioned that the Office Mobile has been excluded, for now, from these devices. Will the users of these 3 phones get the MS Apps AND Mobile Office  once or are they going to get these separately?

Thanks,

this paragraph from Yvonne should answer your question.

" you have a Nokia N8, Nokia E6 or Nokia 500, we will announce availability for these smartphones later. The Nokia 808 PureView will also come with all these cool apps when it begins selling. (pS: Only phones that are selling with Nokia Belle or can be updated to Nokia Belle software will be able to get Microsoft Apps.)"

As you may notice yvonne mentioned that those phones will be announced later and that phone that come with belle or can be upgraded to belle will be able to get the microsft apps. That would include the N8, E6 and the 500

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

You didn't understand the question...... MS Apps (Lync and the likes) were released some time ago, except for the three mentioned devices. MS Office Mobile is released, also except for these three devices....... Now, question is, which one will the users get first, because now, these devices don't have any of the above...

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Vaidovesta wrote:

You didn't understand the question...... MS Apps (Lync and the likes) were released some time ago, except for the three mentioned devices. MS Office Mobile is released, also except for these three devices....... Now, question is, which one will the users get first, because now, these devices don't have any of the above...

as Skyee said it will be announced later, and Ms Office mobile is MS apps. its just that there is more to it now.when you get one you will get the other. For existing users its just matter of doing a software update for the extra parts of the apps. for people who have an N8 etc, you will get it later and it will be announced later as to when.

All it means is that MS office mobile has more spplications included. where originally it only included Lync, onenote, document connection, and powerpoint broadcast, it nows includes all of that, PLUS word mobile, excel mobile and powerpoint mobile. so the one app has grown. that is all it is, unfortunately if you have an N8, e6,or 500 then you have to wait a little longer that is all.  Nokia also never give dates as such for expected releases. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Thanks for the info Yvonne.

Please, let me ask you a question:

Is there any chance that this applications could be installed in mass memory instead of C memory?

You know our Symbian^3 devices have very little C memory.

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

I have the microsoft apps update available for my phone,but today i plugged into nokia suite,and notice that the update change it's name to "microsoft apps 2.0" the microsoft apps is no longer available.

I have no interest in first version and my question is,if i installed the curent version does it install the apps included in the first update(one note,lync)?  

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

jraduga wrote:

Vaidovesta wrote:

Thanks,

this paragraph from Yvonne should answer your question.

" you have a Nokia N8, Nokia E6 or Nokia 500, we will announce availability for these smartphones later. The Nokia 808 PureView will also come with all these cool apps when it begins selling. (pS: Only phones that are selling with Nokia Belle or can be updated to Nokia Belle software will be able to get Microsoft Apps.)"

As you may notice yvonne mentioned that those phones will be announced later and that phone that come with belle or can be upgraded to belle will be able to get the microsft apps. That would include the N8, E6 and the 500

My question is answered in this post.

Haven't read it,because i was writing my question.thanks jraduga!

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Back to waiting.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

For the N8

A) Will it allow install in E:\, knowing that my C:\ only has 48MB left, it will not fit at all; OneNote, Broadcast and Docs to Go + PixiEnabler cost the C:\ Drive about 20MB; it would make sense for Nokia to install Microsoft Apps and MS Office Apps for the Nokia N8 in E:\ aside from the Belle Updates that reside in C:\; this is what I did with Quick Office which cost me more than 10MB in C:\ deleted it and used Piscel Smart Office instead; these are 3rd party applications and would be better in E:\

B) Does this MS Office Apps include support for multiple Exchange Activesync Profile?

C) Does it include Collaboration, i.e., Invitees and ICS files for Meeting Appointments because Outlook and Google will not read the VCS file attachments automatically as an appointment; it has to be clicked first. It would be nice to see the "Accept, Reject..." options immediately when a mail is received... but not with Nokia VCS files... so hopefully, this will include a fix for this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

I am also interested in thisbut really only for the office applications 50mb is quite a bit install though, especially if you can only install on the C: drive. Can you also confirm if, with this installed, there is still a need for Quickoffice Pro? If not I assume we can uninstall this, saving 11mb.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
craig_baldie

Only phones that are selling with Nokia Belle or can be updated to Nokia Belle software will be able to get Microsoft Apps

Hooray! More updates Australians are missing out on because of a marketing decision not to release Belle here!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hopefully it comes soon to N8 users and they are able to purge unnecessary components from C: drive that have been taken up by installs of other Nokia apps such as Maps etc
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
I have Installed MS apps yesterday via software update(50MB).

Now my email is not working (See pic)!
Both widgets and mail icon from the menu are not working at all.
The name of the mail icon in the menu is FreestyleEmail!

Application settings is not opening.
When I try to open the application settings, It comes back to main menu!
Now I'm not able open .DOC files as I have uninstalled Quick Office Pro(Even this cannot open .DOC files).

What should I do now?
Soft reset is not working.
See attachments

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
ricom2012

Is this microsoft mobile office apps included in microsoft apps software upgrades or a in separate title coz when  i open my software upgrade i only find microsoft apps and not microsoft mobile office. Is this software upgrade available now here in the philippines?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Same thing, it just adds Mobile Office to the package..

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
701user

Hi, I was very excited to have updated my Nokia 701 yesterday with the second update of MS Apps. But the mail applications including the home screen widget have stopped working.

The mail app has been replaced with a new app called 'FreestyleEmailUI' and it refuses to open when clicked. Another new app called 'emailwodget' has appeared which also does not open when clicked.

I need to have the mail functions back. Can anyone please help?

I see that another user Srikanthsd is facingthe same problem.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I have seen on /t5/Software-Updates/Facing-problem-after-uodating-Microsoft-app-2-0/td-p/1372679 that some people are able to fix this issue. maybe have a read and see if it will suit your needs to fix the email issue

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

I have a problem with updating Microsoft Apps 2.0 after 5 minutes dialog appears with the title update is completed and under it this: Unfortunately there was a problem getting your updates. Please try again later to complete the update. The same happens with Nokia Suite. Some solution ... I am from Macedonia ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Thanks jraduga.
I think it would better for me to update to Belle FP1 using Nokia suite or via Nokia Care than updating using FOTA.
Let me reinstall the full firmware. :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.