Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Missing updates Nokia Lumia 610

Registered Member
ThomasB1990

Missing updates Nokia Lumia 610

Hi all!

Last July (2012) I bought a new Nokia Lumia 610 - together with a friend of mine, he bought the same device as me. In the meanwhile he has received 3 updates, while I only received 1 update.

My device does not detect any new software-update. Not in its settings and not in Zune. I also want the possibility to make smaller live-tiles to have a wider viewport on the landing...

My current software version is 7.10 (iOS: 7.10.8773.98), and the software version of this friend is  7.8 (iOS: 7.10.8862.144). 

Isn't this strange? Does 7.8 isn't a lower versioning-number than 7.10?

I hope someone can help me. Maybe there's a possibility to do a manual update?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Re: Missing updates Nokia Lumia 610

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Software updates are continuously made available based on operator approvals. Also, software updates for the Nokia Lumia range are released gradually through a quality control system called “throttling”. That means that initially only 50% of eligible phones will receive update notifications. After days or weeks, all eligible phones will receive update notifications. Note that the percentage and duration of this “throttling” process may vary for certain software updates. 

Furthermore, to get automatic update notifications go to Settings > Phone Update and select “Notify me when updates are found”.

You can also check this link for the WP7.8 update: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Updates-to-Windows-Phone-7-8-starting-today/td-p/17...

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.