Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My 5800 Can't Update!

mikexsouth

My 5800 Can't Update!

[ Edited ]

Issue: During phone update, no progress occurs, eventual phone disconnection 

Nokia Software Updater, the latest version, can't seem to update and install the latest Nokia 5800 Xpress Music software update.  My Phone currently has the software version 20.0.012, and the update is version 21.0.025.  I can connect my phone to the updater no problem, and normal procedures happen.

It is during the update that faults begin to occur.  My phone's screen seems to go blank (no worries as this can typically happen in an update), but the updater claims that the update will take 15 minutes.  15 minutes later  still 15 minutes remaining is displayed.  Occasionally, my phone will disconnect from the software, even though it is still connected to my PC.  I click on retry update, after resetting phone, removing battery etc...same problems occur - the everlasting 15 minutes remaining, and the eventual phone disconnection.

The new update relates to many features, but I feel the phone needs the touch screen usability update, as sometimes the touch screen does not respond towards the edges of the screen ( I presume this update will fix this).  Please help me fix the update problem!! I'm sure there are many other users with the same problem, and there does not seem to be any related discussions yet. 

Thanks a lot!!
Mike Sutherland 

Message Edited by mikexsouth on 05-Jun-2009 05:19 PM
Message Edited by mikexsouth on 05-Jun-2009 05:20 PM
Please use plain text.