Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N70 on 3 (UK)

Advisor
ap0kalipse

N70 on 3 (UK)

Does anyone know what is the latest '3' f/w?

My N70 currently shows 2.0539.1.2 - Software updater shows no updates vailable but I know that v 5.*** is available. I know that providers have to 'approve' later versions but surely it's not stuck way back on v2???

I'm gonna go to a service center tomorrow to get it updated as I'm fed up of the slowness and the annoying bluetooth bugs but hopefully in the future will this app provide me with any support?

A page detailing each provider's latest firmware versions would be ideal, or even software updater telling you your on the latest supported version for 'insert providers name here' would be somewhat more pelasing that just telling you your on the latest version, as i know it's not so who's latest version is it or is it a bug....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ap0kalipse

Re: N70 on 3 (UK)

I've since been to a service center and his this phone updated, but the version number hasn't changed. I know something has been done as the bluetooth problems have been fixed, any thoughts on how I can get it to show the actual version number?
Please use plain text.
Sage
wicker_man

*#0000# shows it - is the date also the same?

If it is, you just had the same sw re-installed, but there are cases when even that helps.
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ap0kalipse

it's the same date and version as before.

bleh so he did nothing but reinstall the same f/w thus losing my games and apps for nothing :smileysad:
Please use plain text.