Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N73 Me,DISCONNECT DURING FRIMWARE UPDATE

Advisor
yoursam

N73 Me,DISCONNECT DURING FRIMWARE UPDATE

[ Edited ]
please help me cellphone is now dead please help me
it will be repairable?

Message Edited by yoursam on 03-Jan-2008 08:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lenny251

Re: N73 Me,DISCONNECT DURING FRIMWARE UPDATE

Same thing happened to my phone... Take it to Nokia Service Center. There's nothing you can do by yourself.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

it will b repairable or not
Please use plain text.
Contributor

which version of n73 u trying to update??
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

N73 Me
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lenny251

03-Jan-2008 09:12 PM
yoursam wrote:
it will b repairable or not

Should be repairable.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joujheng

it happen on my n73me too. i dont even touch the phone but dunno why suddenly disconnect.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

it will be repairable or NOT
kise ko kuch pata bhe hai yeh aisay he time pass karte reheyte hain yahan :@
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

my phone is ok
thanks united mobile
pakistan
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hai
today my phone also getting same problem like yours. during update disconnect.
your phone is working or not??????????????
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

working properly
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi... i'm having an N73m too. it just got disconnected like that of yours while i was updating the firmware. now my mobile is dead. Will it work again yoursam? how much will the repair cost? only 4 months have passed since i bought it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dear All ,

I am using windows vista and I was getting the same error but i un-installed the new cable driver , I mean the Nokia Connectivity Cable drivers and installed the drivers present on this link : http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,84342,00.html (Nokia Cable Driver for Windows 2000, XP and Vista)

after installing this my Software got updated like charm .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yoursam

yeah it will work clam ur warrenty free of cost if under warnty
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello Friends I Use Nokia N73 I Watch Latest Software For My MobilE ( Firmware ) Before I Have 3.7 Latest Is 4.7 I Download I Read All Detalis Carefully.I WAS UPGRADING MY N73 WHEN SUDDENLY A MESSAGE Shows UP THAT THE PHONE IS NOT COMNNECTED AND TO CONNECT AND RETRY,SINCE THEN THE PHONE HAS STOPPED TO WORK AND PRESENTLY NOT WORKING, I'VE TRIED TO SWITCH ON THE PHONE BUT IT DOES NOT COME ON.. When Tme Remaining 48 Seconds. The Firmware Is Not Ok Its Calimed To Company Of Nokia,Becz That Firmware Is Not Ok Its Create Problems For All Peoples So Now Company Tell Us How Can We Reappear In Our Phones.I Mean How Can I Use Again My Phone. My Phone Does Not On Now After Upgrading And I Do Not Do Any Thing In Installing Firmware.I Have A High Speed Network So Why I Face This Problem. I Know Company Says In Any Updates or installing softwares if appear any Problem compnay does not Claimed but i want company create any thing for clear this problem thanks ........ :smileysad: :smileysad:
Umer
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
how can ur problem cleard by united mobiles i have also united mobiles company movile nk n73 tell me how can u cleard this problem and what is the charges of those .,,,,, reply me on nokia discussions i mean here

Message Edited by noslien on 14-Jan-2008 07:03 AM
Umer
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n73me

[ Edited ]
Hi all,

Currently I'm updating my phone and now at Step 3/3 of the NSU. The progress bar seems at 100% now, the phone just rebooted and I verified that the latest firmware version is now 4.0750.31.2.1 installed, but the "Next" button is still disabled... it's almost 10 minutes already since the phone rebooted, is it safe to click the close button?

My NSU version 1.4.0en and running on Vi*ta Ultimate 32bit.

Additional info:

I also experienced the phone was disconnected and the OS is looking for "Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Phone Parent" driver. Though it's successfully installed the driver, and able to perform the Phone Recovery option of the NSU.

Thanks.

Message Edited by n73me on 13-Jan-2008 06:16 AM
Firmware: V4.0812.4.2.1
Nokia N73 (12) RM-133 Product Code: 0539346
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n73me

*Just an update, I've clicked the close button but the NSU prompted "Cannot close while update is ongoing".

Ok, I'll just have to wait the NSU to finish, but seems taking too long from usual update process. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n73me

Ok I just unplugged the USB cable and did force end task the NSU. Phone is working properly, as I've said before it did rebooted at the Step 3/3 and the progress bar is at 100%. Maybe, I should have used the latest NSU.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
My phone also "lost connection" even tho I didn't touch it or mess with the pc whilst it was updating, tried for an hour to sort it, looks like its a trip to the repair center for me.

Message Edited by noslien on 15-Jan-2008 06:21 AM
My next phone will be a samsung or a sony erricson
Not a nokia that sometimes wont send a text message
Please use plain text.