Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N78 new firmware v.30.014 is (OFFICIALLY) released

Sage
thescorpion

N78 new firmware v.30.014 is (OFFICIALLY) released

[ Edited ]

hi all,

the NOKIA N78 new firmware is out,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest available software for  Nokia N78, product code 0548461
Version:  30.014
Compare numbers
If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements.Go to Nokia Software Updater download

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so guys,anyone updated his firmware tell us is there any new bugs ,or something has been fixed....

Message Edited by thescorpion on 14-Jul-2009 09:37 PM
Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N78 new firmware v.30.014 is (OFFICIALLY) released

Nokia seems to be comitted to improve the user experience... Its really good to know that... They have to do it to survive... BTW Nokia N78 latest firm ware is a little better. The operations seems to be fast. 

It has just been a day with the firmware.. So far no problem... I faced a few problems while updating the USB get disconnected when the update is about to begin... but the latest software update program has all required warning... It asked me to restart my pc and my cell phone... And try again ... I did it Alas it worked ... got it updated ...

I found a few things new :

The icons for videos (The one in old version was better) and search are all new.

I am from india. I brought this phone seeing the FM transmitter option. But after i brought the phone i found it missing.

But with this software update i got the option under the music menu :-) thanks a lot nokia.

Few problems with the camera still remains... music volume has come down a bit... the gps seems to be working a little faster.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Don't tell me there are still bugs with camera???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have some questions.

What's the country of product code 0548461 and what's the lang set present?

I'm italian and I don't like to loose my language!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I think 0548461 is Arab.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Anyone knows when the update be avaliable on OTA?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I found Nokia's management of the updates very disappointing.

How come the new firmware is out, but there is no announcement in the "news" section, nor is available via OTA?

How come there are still bugs? I mean: it's not the FIRST update!!

Today I was 3 hours late in the office thanks to the alarm clock weirdness...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

michelino80 wrote:

I found Nokia's management of the updates very disappointing.

How come the new firmware is out, but there is no announcement in the "news" section, nor is available via OTA?

How come there are still bugs? I mean: it's not the FIRST update!!

Today I was 3 hours late in the office thanks to the alarm clock weirdness...

I've learned not to rely on Nokia's alarm clocks the hard way too!!

The N78 must be a year old now? And still there are bugs in it's firmware? I wonder what Nokia think they are doing? I don't think my next phone will be a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia Software Updater is still showing 30.011 as the latest update not 30.014. Meanwhile OTA still shows nothing.

The alarm clock has so far been working perfectly fine for me. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
thescorpion

still there is nothing on OTA , and the alarm clock is working fine with me.
Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My N78 code is 0545620 and the new firmware update is v30.011. Actual firmware is 20.149 and i have one problem with it : AFTER I RESTART THE N78 THE TIME RESETS TO FACTORY DEFAULTS, other problems i dont have.

I dont think to update at 30.011. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

scanorama wrote:

Nokia Software Updater is still showing 30.011 as the latest update not 30.014. Meanwhile OTA still shows nothing.

The alarm clock has so far been working perfectly fine for me. 

Set Alarm clock work days  and turn off the phone ...... i go in my office two hour after first day ...workaround is set clock day to day and turn off the phone .... we ask the mooon ?

regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just checked NSU:

Latest available software for  Nokia N78, product code 0566484
Version:  10.136

**bleep**!?!?! my N78 is on v21.002. Does anyone at Nokia know what they're doing?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i lieke, in silence mode, when i'm listen mp3 and receive a message the music stops, like the v12 version, thank you to fix the bug with speakers but, the player in v12 are much better

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

dwedgbury wrote:

Just checked NSU:

Latest available software for  Nokia N78, product code 0566484
Version:  10.136

**bleep**!?!?! my N78 is on v21.002. Does anyone at Nokia know what they're doing?

2 months later NSU still tells me that the latest available firmware for my N78 is v10.136. I don't understand!? I've had v21.002 for ages.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Did you get v21 via FOTA (the on device updater)?

The code checker only take into account NSU updates.  It does not tell you if FOTA updates are available, past or present.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mo_shef

v30.011 is for EMEA N78

v30.014 is for APAC N78

If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N86 8MP (v20.115 / RM-484)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hey, how do I know what is the product code of my device? And is the update still not available for download from mobile? When I try to update my device firmware through the device manager, it tells me that No Updates as Available!!!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Conjoiner

Remove the back cover and battery, underneath the battery on the phone itself is a sticker. On the sticker look for the code, it'll start with 05. Then, go to the software update page for ur country's Nokia website and click the 'Can i update' tab. Feed the product code into the bar at the bottom and it'll tell u the latest software for your phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi thescorpion, I have a N78, but the mine was bought in Brazil, (RM-342)and my firmware is 21.002.... This product code 0548461, can be used in my phone? (RM-342)   ???? please answer my question, because I need to update my phone to this firmware(30.014). 
Please use plain text.