Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8-00/C7-00/C6-01 PR1.2 / E7-00 PR1.1

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

N8-00/C7-00/C6-01 PR1.2 / E7-00 PR1.1

We have released a voluntary software update for Nokia Symbian^3 smartphones primarily to address a synchronization issue identified in a limited  number of Nokia smartphones using Mail for Exchange on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Service Pack 1.

We listen to people’s feedback and continue to constantly improve the user experience of our smartphones with software updates.  While we are working to make available the next software version, which will provide a renewed user experience, including new browser, refreshed widgets and home screen as well as many other performance enhancements, we released this software to quickly resolve a potential issue affecting our business users.

The software update will be available through the on-the-device Software Update or using Ovi Suite. The roll-out schedule will be determined operator by operator, market by market.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Q:  What is new with this software update? What are the benefits?
A:   The primary reason for releasing this update is to address a Mail for Exchange synchronization issue. It will also include a new version of Ovi Store as well as a new version of Ovi Maps (SR6), adding visibility to subways, trams and trains, real-time traffic, safety alerts, visibility to parking and petrol stations, speed limit warnings, and improved search and location sharing capabilities.

Q: How can I update the software on my Symbian device?

A: Go to Applications > Software update or Applications-> Tools –> Software update (depending on which model you have) on your device and download the update there over the air. You can use WiFi to avoid any additional data costs. It’s also possible to update software via Ovi Suite. (As for all electronic devices we recommend to do regular backups in case you need to restore your data.)

Q: Will the software update be pushed to users?

A: No, this is a voluntary software update. Users who have signed up with MyNokia or enabled the software update auto-check will get a notification about the update on their homescreen and will be able to download the new software from the Software updater in their device, if and when the update is available for them.

Q: Why does the Symbian device variant in country X not have the SW update yet? What is your roll-out schedule?

A: We first publish standard non-customised versions of the software. Country (SIM-free) and operator versions will be following soon. You can check if an update is available for you from Nokia Care.

pS: As this is an optional release we have some countries & operators that are not taking this version!

Q: I’m on a SIM-locked device with operator X, they are not offering the update. My MfE is not synching. What can I do?

A: We will offer this update content also as part of the PR2 software.

Q: How can I check if I have the latest SW?

A: Go to Applications > Software update (N8, E7) / Applications > Tools > Software update (C6-01, C7), on your device and see if there are any updates available.

Q: Is the rollout of PR2 affected by this?

A: We’ve announced we will introduce significant improvements for the Symbian UI during the first half of 2011. That schedule remains unchanged.

Q: You have promised a new SW with browser and portrait QWERTY. Why are those not available in this release?

A: We hope that consumers will be very excited as we continue to enhance our smartphone experience in 2011.  We are not stopping here but there are further improvements on the way.  We anticipate the software to be available in the summer.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
omersah

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rawand_Kurdy

1 Question .
When will nokia release Pr1.2 ? :smileyindifferent:

My Nokia :- C7 (The Best Phone )
My Pc :- GIGABYTES
MY PC OS :- WINDOWS 7 (THE BEST OS)
mY web:- www.rkurdy.tk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JCinMijas

You talk about the sync issues with Mail for Exchange - what about the Nokia Messaging (Push Emails)?????

When will this be sorted out for Symbian^3  users We continue with sync problems here since thelaunch of the first S3 device (N8) and still no solution.

If Nokia cannot sort this out, then give us an alternative - bring back BBM - at least that worked and was reliable. Many S3 users are frustrated with the Nokia Meaasging service not functioning properly - YOU SAY THAT NOKIA LISTENS? WELL SOMEONE IS FORGETTING TO SOLVE THIS BUG !!

Please use plain text.
veecki

When can we expect IM in N8-00?? been waiting for it since a long time now!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I'm an Tesco 059C951 customer. I'll look forward to the PR 1.2 update, but any idea what week?
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
capers2011

Hi All.
I think N8 Australian Vodafone users all got or have this update available.
My product code is 059D965 and i got it last night, while i have been waiting for PR1.1

It seems to include all the pr1.1 mods so Im excited.

Good luck All
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

ok, one by one.

*When do we release PR1.2: I've put an answer in the Q&A above already. The release depends on the countries & the operators - that means, as it's a voluntary release, not every country and not every operator takes it. We're putting the vanilla versions on the server mid of this week (I can't give a fixed date yet as I still wait for the server team to confirm the day). Currently we also have countries & operators submitting their requests for this software - and based on these requests we'll start building it. We will put a similiar excel sheet online so that everybody knows what's in the pipeline: but again, the release won't bring you anything that you can't get via OviStore (ie. Maps SR6) if you don't have a problem with MfE at the moment.(And PR1.2 includes all the PR1.1 content as well.)

* For the sync issues on the Push message client: That's not the right thread here. If you have a problem with this, please call Nokia Care and they will help you sort it out or if they can't, they will open a request in our internal systems that will ask for a fix from program side for future updates.

* When can we get IM: I'm not a software developer so I unfortunately can't answer this. Sorry!

I'm off on business travels for the rest of the week and won't be able to reply after tonight. But I'll have colleagues monitoring the thread.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Heart_Sacaner

When Nokia is going to launch PR2 for RM675 MEA?

Any body knows?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tornedo1

please i dont understand my mobile nokia c7 product code 059B7W2 can you understand me please
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich_enduro

I second the request for IM to be added.

also, the portrait qwerty can't come soon enough.

Nokia lumia 800(3 UK payg)

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

[ Edited ]

YOUR KIDDING ME!!!!!!

So.....after waiting for over a month for PR1.1 to be released to Australia, you have shafted us with this PR1.2?!?!

Congratulations Nokia. You are AWESOME! </sarcasm>

Why can't you just release PR1.1 for us? and send the MfE update to us via software update.

THERE IS NO REASON IN THE WORLD WHY YOU CANNOT PROVIDE US WITH PR1.1!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU CANNOT EVEN GIVE US AUSTRALIAN USERS PR1.1 THEN HOW THE HELL CAN WE EVER HAVE ANY HOPE OF GETTING PR2 or PR3?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes I WAS yelling, yes I am VERY frustrated. Please do not tell me to uncaps.

EDIT: Sorry wrong section, but it still applies.

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
LPHS

I have got a  doubt here

the T-mobile versions of C7 are rumored to get PR 2.0 fw along with
and it is releasing in first week of April

If it is true
Does that mean that even the other S^3 devices will get the PR 2.0 update in the First week of April
OR
it will be delayed because of PR 1.2
i did not quite Understand that the updates will release in summer( as Sheduled)
can't we get a tentetive release date ::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JaspreetSingh

Hello Nokia. M from India and new here... Plz help me. After hard resetting by three buttons (home,volume,camera) everything gone like ovi store,ovi maps, social,and many other apps in video and tv.and now when i m installing ovi store it says unable to install.. I also went to Nokia care center to reinstall the software bt still not ovi icon. and as skyee said that there will be a new version of Ovi Store in PR1.2......SO will that version Works(will that already installed in pr1.2?)
Please use plain text.
Sage
dj_nick_t

@JaspreetSingh: after hard-resetting the device and having lost Ovi Store, go check SW update section under Applications menu... in that list, as an optional update, you'll find the full Ovi Store client (with Qt API's included). It's size is around 15 MB.

Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.1.2)
Please use plain text.
gd1328

Question: When Nokia Symbian Device support muilti-language with multi-language input like Android and iOS, plaese, i'm sick of it!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tornedo1

please skyee and me need pr 1.2 but i need this software via sw update in side mobile sw update i dont need any software via ovi suite because ovi suite problem i install pr 1.1 via ovi suite but restarting my mobile after install pr 1.1 via ovi suite please i need any software via software update sw update see pr 1.2 and 2.0 and 3.0 i need this softwares via sw update please dont send me via ovi suite and which day coming pr 1.2 and 2.0 please very important 

ok thanks alot 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Endaf007

[ Edited ]

The Astound "C7" will be available on April 6th with full qwerty

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neilrossgoco

Is this new firmware already released? Or to be released soon?

Please use plain text.