Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8-00/C7-00/C6-01 PR1.2 / E7-00 PR1.1

updated to PR1.2 however, noticed that the update history does not show anymore. when select update history, "no updates made" appears. are you guys showing the same?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Doesnt show in Update History.. thats for Software, not Firmware..
Hit *#0000# and you should see PR 1.2 and Version 14
Please use plain text.

you are correct but what im saying is the sw update. under update history, i used to see what software has been updated and is listed. but now i cannot see it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

T-Mobile has officially announced the release for Nokia c7 as Astound with PR2.0 from the day one i wonder what about the rest of us with unlocked sim free users would we get in march or april or we have to wait and continue to wait.

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

@Rog_dan08 When I look in my update history, they are all showing there. But I did do most of my updates AFTER PR1.1 was installed. I got PR1.2 yesterday. I also oddly got a update for the iPlayer plug in too, though mind still plays up.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.

@greycounciler, i find it very odd, bcoz i can see the update history yest too when i updated to pr1.2. like you i did most of the software upadate after pr1.1. now i cant see any history.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Pr1.2 released on 7/3 in India.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

skyee Thanks for keeping us updated about the new firmware update.

I thank Nokia its very good move , Support person working with Customer directly.

Nokia would have done this long back, helping the customer & would retain all the customers & thier trust on the brand.

This approch is good, We still hope on Nokia. The good is yet to come.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Breakers

when singapore set can get this pr1.2 update?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PsyPhin

South Africa here, got update around 2am this morning.

Just for any interest I did a 3 button sault hard reset about 2 months ago which caused my Ovi maps and Ovi store to be missing with no way to reinstall it.

Once I installed this update, then installed the Ovi maps and store option from the update screen, everything was working better than ever. New Ovi programs looking good :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hexdec

Nice, but was it with N8 Navigation and Bluetooth Headsets ???

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, i would like to know if i do a three button reset on a nokia C6-01 with the new PR 1.2 will i loose ovi store and ovi maps like in pr1.1 and have to reinstall qt and so on... ?

thank you

ps. if they are still lost while hard reseting in pr1.2 will i be able to simply install them from within application/software update in the menu?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haymoz77

Dear skyee,

Firstly thanky you very much for your help. I bought my C7 in Switzerand (no sim locked) and I've noticed that my product code (059D328) is for Netherlands. I checked your xls file (C7 PR1 1 Status) and the status is on "Waiting for operator approval or similar". What can I do ? Thank you for your reply.

ahy

Please use plain text.
Advisor

rayhipkiss wrote:

Unfortunately, 3 are notorious for not bothering to approve updates. Maybe they won't approve any of the minor updates and just wait for the PR 2.0 firmware to arrive.

Ray

It had supposedly got past that stage as it was marked as "ready and will be published in 2 days = software is built and we only have to upload it onto our servers" according to the PR1.1 spreadsheet Nokia published on this thread.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
carre

Any informations, about date of release PR 2.0 ? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

rog_dan08"what im saying is the sw update. under update history, i used to see what software has been updated and is listed. but now i cannot see it"

Yes , but the SW update History does not display Firmware Update History. . You must use *#0000# to show the current FW..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alir_moki

Hey..

Tanks for the update but;

you guys didn't fix the brathing light yet :smileysad:

pls fix these two problems...

1- Breathing Light should be able to turn on and off by user...

2- please turn on the screen for about 10 sec after you recive a text message case when you texting with some one it bothers you every time you get text mesage your screen won't go on !

and every time you need to unlock the screen !

Thanksss

Keep Up the Good Work Nokia !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

alir_moki "you guys didn't fix the brathing light yet :smileysad:

pls fix these two problems...

"1- Breathing Light should be able to turn on and off by user.".

Mate do yourself a favour and download the User Manual.

Breathing light, see
Settings/Phone/Notification Lights

"2- please turn on the screen for about 10 sec after you recive a text message case when you texting with some one it bothers you every time you get text mesage your screen won't go on !

and every time you need to unlock the screen !"

Use Music Player as the Screensaver for Notifications. Screenlock is there for a reason. If you dont like it, turn it off.
Please use plain text.
excore

[ Edited ]

I can wait until end of this summer, and I understand nokia want to make good user experience for us, but one sugesstion is hope PR 2.0 come out can improve RMVB playback and smooth browser scrolling, it so lag since I bought N97 mini until now, just used 6 month change to Nokia N8-00, so this is my second Nokia phone also, and wish nokia support team can care about this problem, that's it! :smileyvery-happy:

Model: Nokia N8-00 Grey
Software version: 013.016
Product Code: 059D1F9
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gazzz

[ Edited ]

excore wrote:

hope PR 2.0 come out can improve RMVB playback and smooth browser scrolling:

In the meantime you might like to look at Opera 11 which has just been released - it is extremely impressive (other than the lack of flash support) and I hope the new Nokia browser is as good.

Please use plain text.