Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Belle Update Failure - Error while backing ...

Advisor
Bubun_N8

N8 Belle Update Failure - Error while backing up messages

I was updating my N8 with Belle and encountered problems while backing up the phone data. The update steps include the phone backup as a mandatory one. While taking the backup, it completed but just before finishing showed "Not OK" against messages. Then came the error message and asked to restart the phone. Did itcouple of times but in vain. I even deleted all the messages in my phone and also removed my email box. Now no messages but still the same issue.

Can anybody help?

Bubun (N8-00)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bubun_N8

Re: N8 Belle Update Failure - Error while backing up messages

It seems to be never-ending. Does anyone know if and how could the backup-step be skipped?

I have already take the backup and I just want to go with the installation straight away.

Bubun (N8-00)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
helal_uddin

yessss. I had the same problem. Just go to settings>phone>phone management> factory settings>delete all data and restore.
Please back up all ur importants documents from ur phone befpre removing all data.
It will take a bit time to remove all data.
Ur phone will switch on itself.
Now try to update. I m sure, u can update now
Please use plain text.
Advisor
badkya

Remove the "Message centres" from Message->Settings.
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I see. I have Variant 059D111:

"Backup 100%"

"Preparing to Install the Software"

"USB Connection is Active"

"USB Disconnect"

"USB Connects"

I'm stuck in this LOOP!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

Hi, i tried upgrading to belle, but while its taking backup, i get an error "Something went Wrong. Press Continue when ready to restart" . Did that many times , but in vain.... PLS HELP ME.... I was eagerly waiting for belle, and now when it is there, i m not able to download.

Tried Delete data and restore.... but no use

Pls Help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

Hi, i tried upgrading to belle, but while its taking backup, i get an error "Something went Wrong. Press Continue when ready to restart" . Did that many times , but in vain.... PLS HELP ME.... I was eagerly waiting for belle, and now when it is there, i m not able to download .

N8

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

I've now forwarded your error during backup - issue for investigation. We'll create an FAQ as soon as possible.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jussit

In my business laptop, My Documents folder ir redirected to a network file share using UNC path. When starting Nokia Suite, it seems to use My Documents when deciding where to save the backup during Belle upgrade. In my case, there was something like \\MYFILESRV\MYFILESHARE$\somepath\. Then when starting Belle upgrade, it always failed. Just telling that disk \\M ( relaly it is not a M: drive but a UNC share instaed starting with \\M ) is full and 1.5 GB would be used and I should free 0 MB or more to create backup. There was hundreds of gigabytes free under that UNC path.

In Nokia Suite (Tools - Options - My Phone) changed backup directory pointing to a local directory ( C:\temp\nokiatemp\ ) and then Belle upgrade went though successfully.

When using business phones like E7, you many time use it in business environment. And there Windows AD based networks and home directories located in network file servers is typical. So, this thing should be debugged and fixed. Why cannot Belle upgrade ask where a use want the backup to be created?

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Are you getting error code 12052 during backup?

Could you describe scenario how to reproduce your problem?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blanquito

[ Edited ]

Had the same problem so I uninstalled nokia suite re-installed it and was fine again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ZaphodX77

[ Edited ]

N8-00

Product Code: 059D0V2

Software Version: 025.008

Type: RM-596

I get error code 12052 after the backup, as it's attempting to install a 30MB update to Belle via USB when it disconnects. It always says to unplug USB, press the Start button for 10 seconds, then reconnect USB. It never fixes the problem. I had this same problem with the Anna upgrade. The Anna upgrade finally worked via Wi-Fi. I prefer that method.

I tried these fixes:

1. Reinstalled Nokia Suite. Was using the latest of 3.3.86 each time.

2. Searched the root of each drive to see if there were any SIS files there. There were none. Plenty of space on D & E drives.

3. Put phone in Offline mode. Same result.

4. Restored Factory Defaults. Same result.

Perhaps my US N8-00 is a special case? It was purchased unlocked, never having been a carrier's phone. Here are my logs too.

Moderator's note: Log files removed from post, please do not post your log files on the forum!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kush_fifa

same back problem error that something went wrong need to restart phone plzzz help my product code 0599255
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kush_fifa

skyee plzz help with back up process
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kush_fifa

I was updating my N8 with Belle and encountered
problems while backing up the phone data. The
update steps include the phone backup as a
mandatory one. While taking the backup, it
completed but just before finishing showed "Not
OK" against messages. Then came the error message and asked to restart the phone. Did
itcouple of times but in vain. I even deleted all the
messages in my phone and also removed my
email box. Now no messages but still the same
issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

Hi yvonne, any update yet..... hope the issue resolves and i will be able to install belle...
Product code : 059Dv02, N8 , RM-596....
Pls Help
Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

Hi yvonne, any update yet..... hope the issue resolves and i will be able to install belle...
 Product code  : 059Dv02, N8 , RM-596....
 Pls Help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nisha9787

I am facing the same problem.. Error whole backing up messages!!! Please assist!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

i did not get any error code , but while it is taking back up for Predictive Text Dictionary, its unable to take and phone is getting restarted and even after that , its not taking backup and it goes to finish asking to start the process again...

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Glad my problem is past the Backup Stage...

I hope they don't lose my DATA or else I will flip...

But still cannot update because of a LOOP between Preparing to Install and USB Connection is Active that loops endlessly.

:smileysad:

srisudha30 wrote:

i did not get any error code , but while it is taking back up for Predictive Text Dictionary, its unable to take and phone is getting restarted and even after that , its not taking backup and it goes to finish asking to start the process again...

Please use plain text.