Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle Update Failure - Error while backing up ...

Ravnsborg

Re: Belle Update Failure - Error while backing up messages

I'm stuck in a loop with "USB connection is active" -  "USB is disconnected." ...

Pls fix.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dxbc7

Re: N8 Belle Update Failure - Error while backing up messages

same problem with my C7....any solutions ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bubun_N8

Hey Guys,

The problem here is we all want to update to Nokia Belle, whether we do it ourselves via Nokia Suite or go t a Nokia Centre. I would suggest you visit your nearest Nokia centre or go this link (http://getnokia.in/belle/) and take an appointment for the same.

I registered for the same at one of the centres and got a call from them in 2 days asking me to visit the centre on any weekday (since it will be lesss crowded) and get my OS upgraded. I got mine upgraded today and it took some 10-15mins only. You can do the same or just walk-in on a weekday. So don't bother doing it yourself, save some time and you can avoid headache.

For those who still want to upgrade on their own, I wish Nokia works on the issue and provides a fix ASAP.

Bubun (N8-00)
Please use plain text.
roy0175

just do it what i say *after displaying error or fail messege formate your mass memory-restart phone-disconect usb-close pc suite-reconnect phone to pc-connect to internet-check for software update -now select symbian belle update-now wait and look magic.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nirmal_1112

Guys,

Try now.. The update is working.. I was frustrated trying this for past to days..I  was getting message backup failed issue.. I just now made one more try.. It worked without any issue. Now I am using nokia belle.. The overall process took not more than 30 minutes.

Regards,

Nirmal

Please use plain text.
Advisor
heviiguy

Can anybody confirm that the good folks at Nokia had pulled a rabbit out of the hat and corrected this horrendous problem? After countless attempts and wasted hours yesterday, I had thrown in the towel and accepted my fate with Anna. Besides, I thought, Belle seems to be a barely-disguised ruse to sneak some MikroSaft gunk into my system. Yeah, the eye-candy of the update was a draw but, I have SPB Mobile (with some prety slick configurations and 10 possible screens!). The only thing which compells me to reconsider is the Maps update -apparently only available with Belle :smileyfrustrated:. This, Nokia, is your killer application and the one which is saving your corporate hide!

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

The Nokia can't start to investigate this problem because we didn't get any log files.

Could you submit error report and provide the logs via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mls99

[ Edited ]

....dissabled remote lock, no pincode, no lock code, no code on sim card swap and extended the lock screen to 30 minutes...

aT0mac

Besides,

-Nokia Suite (Tools - Options - My Phone) changed backup directory pointing to a local directory ( C:\temp)

-Turned OFF Firewall & antivirus.

This way worked for me.. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

i m unable to access the given link
Please use plain text.
Advisor
m_elghazali

I were suffering like you with the error during backup.

After I get that error I couldn't use maps any more, the phone believe that a USB is connected, and gets error disconnect USB first, then you can use maps,

so I have here to places may cause that fail, the nokia suite or the phone,

so I did repair for the nokia suit and restart the laptop, and I searched for a solution to the error while using maps, it a corrupted folder lock-map on the CITIES folder where you install maps, the easiest way is to rename that folder,

than I tried the belle update, and finally it seceded

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

i tried, something , it updated to belle, but phone is not starting after the 4 dots.................

pls help :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cosayne

[ Edited ]

thanks helal_uddin, i did ur suggestion and it worked 4 me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saswat

I am also having the same issue. I tried my friend's phone with the same computer and it got upgraded without any problem. I have uploaded the log file. Somebody pl look into it and find a solution for us all.
Please use plain text.
yariln8

Hi... I'm from Perú... I am having the same problem trying to update my N8... Can't finish the backup step... There isn't a Nokia Centre in my country... Could you please give me a real solution... Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello,

It has been fix and fix available in new Nokia suite 3.4 version. Which will be released very soon.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srisudha30

hope it really fixes the issue and my n8 works perfect with Belle !!!! Waiting for new Nokia suite 3.4
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello,

Error has been fixed and Nokia Suite 3.4  contains the fix. You can download and install latest beta version of  Nokia Suite from here ...

To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

Best regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
sairact

While trying to update my N8 OS to Belle, I get the following error during step 2, Back up;

"Your computer is running low on space, to continue the update please make sure that you have at least 1.5GB of free space on your computer's \\m drive. You need to move or delete 0 MB of content from the \\m drive."

there is more that 30GB free space on my hard drive and which one is the \\ m drive, please assist.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi sairact,

We didn't notice this kind of problems before.

We will check this issue. Could you provide us log files via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?

Thank you in advance for cooperation!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harishramaiah

Thank you really saved lot of time :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.